Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you guys are having plenty of fun. Sure wish my schedule would have allowed for the trip. Hoping maybe next year. My work has been nuts last month or so.

Reactions: TNJAKE
How late you all hanging out tonight? I am off wife is pu grandkids and dropping them, take about 4 hours to get there and set bags down in the hotel, might leave by 5-6 our time
Done for the night. Will be firing up the smoker about 8 am when will you be here?

Reactions: jcam222
Looks like you guys are having plenty of fun. Sure wish my schedule would have allowed for the trip. Hoping maybe next year. My work has been nuts last month or so.
Would love to see you at the next gathering bud

So has mine. Glad I not there! Went fishing with my old friend, boss that hired me yesterday. He ready to call it quits also!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Good morning everybody. Yesterday was a smashing success here in TN. Jake and Emily were the best host and hostess anybody could ever ask to spend a day with. They were busy as all get-out with the meal so I was taking pics. Jake apparently was up into the wee hours of the morning with Johnny, Lyn, and a few of this other friends that came in a bit late after an all-day motorcycle ride. To say the meal was incredible simply wouldn't do it justice. It was otherworldly. The steaks were outstanding and Jake seasoned them perfectly with some rub I've never heard of but certainly did love. There was just enough of the rub to enhance the flavor but still allow the flavor of the CPB rib eyes and porterhouses to shine through. Emily made some baked potatoes that I cannot even begin to describe but OMG they were good. Then add a salad that was large enough to fill a battleship and the meal was rounded out with perfection. I have a ton of pics and am waiting to hear from Jake to see if he wants me to post up yesterday or wait till he posts today's main event and add them to his thread. There will be too many pics to do in one thread. If yesterday was the lead-in for the main event, there may well be some folks meeting their demise today by way of an unrecoverable food coma.

Got a text from Jake that Mike ( MJB05615 MJB05615 ) made it in late last night. There should be a few others joining the fracas today. It was a kick in the a$$ to see Johnny ( Johnny Ray Johnny Ray ) and Lyn again. So strange to hook up with the same couple of great people twice in a month and a half, and the meet-ups are a country apart. Just amazing how karma can work so well sometimes.

I'm not gonna take the liberty of grabbing control of Jake's event and will wait to hear from him to post up the whole day's events but I am gonna post one pic here. The only reason I'm posting this is because Jake specifically told me NOT to take a pic of him taking a pic of his meal. I've never really been one to follow directions very well and see no reason to start this late in life.

Me taking a pic of Jake taking a pic of his dinner. Look at that plate of food!!
030.jpg

Oh well, that's all for now. Soon as I hear from Jake about posting the whole day I'll either post it or won't :emoji_wink: Today is gonna be one for the record books I believe.

Robert

That all sounds great, so glad it's off to a great start. I think you meant mike243 mike243 came in late last night, not me, (wish it was me, lol.) That pic of Jake taking a pic of his plate is cool. That plate is awe inspiring. Can't wait to see more.

Folks that didn't make it missed out, has some great food with some great folks, thanks for having us out, we will try to get together again soon. I know there are some good pictures floating around some where lol

Folks that didn't make it missed out, has some great food with some great folks, thanks for having us out, we will try to get together again soon. I know there are some good pictures floating around some where lol
I hate that I couldn't make it, but I've been waiting for an update and some pictures....

Pictures are on another thread... link below

Pictures are on another thread... link below

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky