Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just didn't want the TN folks getting embarrassed that the best bourbon in the world is distilled in TX
Our local Distillery teamed up with two other Texas Distillery just released this. So good!

grayson-whiskey-bottle.jpg

You have a safe and wonderful time!

Prayers sent for a speedy full recovery, Mamaw and furbaby decided they didn't want to go, made me reservation at days inn, might see if the 15 year old grand son can go or would want to, any other kids going to be there that's hooked on video games? safe travels
Sounds good Mike. My kids won't be here but you are more than welcome to bring your grandson

Mamaw said the grandson cant go, oh well it happens, she may end up going, long time till the weekend, have Friday nite and Saturday booked at the hotel , if she don't go I will drive down early Saturday instead of Friday night late ,no idea what time I will ever get off, 1 LG fridge not cooling = about 2 hours with only 31 minutes allowed most of the time

Welp... We looked into this (without saying anything)... But I just couldn't get it to work out ... We have a grandson in the Knoxville area (Kingston) that we would have also gone and visited ... Will keep an eye out for next years (if it so be) and see what happens...

Have fun y'all... I guarantee you'll do it again next year...

Welp... We looked into this (without saying anything)... But I just couldn't get it to work out ... We have a grandson in the Knoxville area (Kingston) that we would have also gone and visited ... Will keep an eye out for next years (if it so be) and see what happens...

Have fun y'all... I guarantee you'll do it again next year...
This will definitely happen again next year. Would love to have yall

Mamaw said the grandson cant go, oh well it happens, she may end up going, long time till the weekend, have Friday nite and Saturday booked at the hotel , if she don't go I will drive down early Saturday instead of Friday night late ,no idea what time I will ever get off, 1 LG fridge not cooling = about 2 hours with only 31 minutes allowed most of the time
Sounds good bud. Excited to meet you

Well folks, a nice box of goodies was shipped out yesterday on the way to Jake's and is supposed t arrive tomorrow. Now that I find out I'm gonna have to take clothes and shoes, that kinda changes travel plans. I don't know that I'll be able to bring the cigars as planned. I'm not gonna just throw a bunch of high end Cubans in my flight bag. The travel humidor I have is pretty big and I don't know if there's gonna be enough room in my bandanna that will be wrapped up and tied to the end of a stick over my shoulder. I am gonna try like heck to bring the bottle of moonshine though. Worst case I'll just pick up a handful of good cigars somewhere on Friday before we all meet up for dinner.

Yo TNJAKE TNJAKE are we still on for some top shelf Cajun food Thursday? When I told Tracy I was planning to take you and your family out for dinner all she said was "you better" so I guess you really don't have much choice in the matter :emoji_astonished: 48 hours from now I'll be sitting....somewhere close to Jake's at some pub enjoying a cold adult libation and waiting for dinner time to arrive. This is gonna be an epic food fest lasting several days for me. Can't wait to dive into all the offerings people will be cooking up.

Robert

Well folks, a nice box of goodies was shipped out yesterday on the way to Jake's and is supposed t arrive tomorrow. Now that I find out I'm gonna have to take clothes and shoes, that kinda changes travel plans. I don't know that I'll be able to bring the cigars as planned. I'm not gonna just throw a bunch of high end Cubans in my flight bag. The travel humidor I have is pretty big and I don't know if there's gonna be enough room in my bandanna that will be wrapped up and tied to the end of a stick over my shoulder. I am gonna try like heck to bring the bottle of moonshine though. Worst case I'll just pick up a handful of good cigars somewhere on Friday before we all meet up for dinner.

Yo TNJAKE TNJAKE are we still on for some top shelf Cajun food Thursday? When I told Tracy I was planning to take you and your family out for dinner all she said was "you better" so I guess you really don't have much choice in the matter :emoji_astonished: 48 hours from now I'll be sitting....somewhere close to Jake's at some pub enjoying a cold adult libation and waiting for dinner time to arrive. This is gonna be an epic food fest lasting several days for me. Can't wait to dive into all the offerings people will be cooking up.

Robert
Yes sir we are on for Cajun. Emily will drive us so we can enjoy as many adult beverages as we want!

Reactions: JLeonard
Ok as of this morning, mamaw and furbaby are going to come with me, will be up late friday night, she likes to sleep late but me and savage like to get up early, what time Saturday morning is the smoke starting to roll? , would like to come out help get in the way ect lol

FYI my wife and I have had The Virus back in August, we have both had our shots so should be to good to go, can wear masks in case anybody worries, we still wear them every where out in case. my work demands them in folks homes so I am use to it. Safe travels

Ok as of this morning, mamaw and furbaby are going to come with me, will be up late friday night, she likes to sleep late but me and savage like to get up early, what time Saturday morning is the smoke starting to roll? , would like to come out help get in the way ect lol
Mike depending on how late I'm up Friday night I plan on firing my smoker up around 7am Saturday morning. Come whenever you want. I'll have coffee. 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN is camping here so he will be here early also. No need to wear a mask over here

Well I just bought a 22in Webber Kettle for the gathering lol. I really "needed" another grillView attachment 494375View attachment 494376
Nice. I'll be in Tennessee this weekend, but I'll be probably 3-4 hours east of you guys. Me and some buddies will be on Lake Cherokee fishing, but I'll be thinking about all the goodness that will be created at your place :emoji_grinning:....

Reactions: TNJAKE
Nice. I'll be in Tennessee this weekend, but I'll be probably 3-4 hours east of you guys. Me and some buddies will be on Lake Cherokee fishing, but I'll be thinking about all the goodness that will be created at your place :emoji_grinning:....
Good luck on the lake!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice new addition Jake. I hate to dirty something so pretty, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky