Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well folks, I'm in TN. Got to the hotel about 2 hours ago then spent an hour and a half in the phone with tech support trying to figure out and solve a couple issues with my brand new laptop. Got those figured out then the WiFi at the hotel wouldn't cooperate and it took another half hour and two trips to the front desk to get to get logged on. Time for a shower than I'll be hooking up with Jake a bit later for adult beverages and then the rest of his family a bit later for dinner. I'm really psyched up for this and can hope the weather takes a turn for the better. Same nasty rainy weather I left behind in TX. Regardless, we are gonna have a blast and eat a ton of great food.

Robert

Glad you made it safely Robert. I know y'all are gonna have a Blast! Wish things turned out differently for me. Next year I'm hoping to be there and finally meet you and everyone else. Can't wait for some Photos.

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
Going to the store and buy me some stuff to make cornbread salad to bring. maybe a log of baloney to throw on Jakes Austin LX ,I got pellets to burn lol

Going to the store and buy me some stuff to make cornbread salad to bring. maybe a log of baloney to throw on Jakes Austin LX ,I got pellets to burn lol
Sounds good. You'll have to put it on my offset though. Pellet smoker won't be out in the yard. Offset will be running all day though

Robert says beer me!
IMG_20210429_173040.jpg

Post some pics of the Cajun feast and drinks tonight.

You got it sir.

Jake enjoying a pre-dinner beer...if you can call Coors Light "beer" :emoji_laughing:
012.jpg

Emily going over the menu
013.jpg

Food is here. Got deep fried crab claws, Jake got shrimp & grits, Emily and I got some crawfish dish that I can't remember the name of
014.jpg

A couple of people really enjoying their dinner
017.jpg

018.jpg

Emily decided to get some dessert. Not me. I ate the rest of the crab claws as my dessert :emoji_wink:
020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Funny shirt. What are you drinking?

Thanks about the shirt. That was a birthday gift from my youngest daughter a couple months ago. She sends me a lot of interesting stuff like that. Being that Jake and I found a nice Mexican restaurant right around the corner from the restaurant to have a few beers before dinner, I decided to stil=ck with that theme. The beer is Dos Equis Amber.

Wow...what a great evening spent with some great people and enjoying some great food. If yesterday is an indication of the next couple of days, we are gonna have a fantastic time. Spent a couple hours yesterday just driving around through the country side. What beautiful country around here. I grew up spending countless hours driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains in VA and this so much reminded me of home. Twisty roads, mountains, rock cliffs, rivers, and tons of wildflowers. Was just a beautiful way to spend some time.

Left TX yesterday morning with major storms and heavy rain. Landed in TN to almost identical weather. Rained pretty much all day yesterday. Today however has dawned gorgeous. Clear skies, lots of sunshine, and what promises to be a picture perfect day. Well, time to sneak up on a shower & shave then off to face a day of cooking and eating. Gonne be a great time for sure.

Robert

Looks like you're off to a great start, and Emily and Jake look to be having a great time too. So glad you all are getting to do this. Can't wait to see more of the expected "shenanigans" over the next few days. We sometimes forget what it's like to get away for a few days and just have some good fun with friends, old and new. Heck, just to be around people, right? Life is getting back to "Normal" slowly but surely. Thanks for sharing, Robert. I truly wish I was gonna be there this week. I'll live vicariously through you all.:emoji_wink:

You got it sir.

Jake enjoying a pre-dinner beer...if you can call Coors Light "beer" :emoji_laughing:
View attachment 494551

Emily going over the menu
View attachment 494552

Food is here. Got deep fried crab claws, Jake got shrimp & grits, Emily and I got some crawfish dish that I can't remember the name of
View attachment 494553

A couple of people really enjoying their dinner
View attachment 494554
View attachment 494555

Emily decided to get some dessert. Not me. I ate the rest of the crab claws as my dessert :emoji_wink:
View attachment 494556
View attachment 494557
View attachment 494558

Thanks about the shirt. That was a birthday gift from my youngest daughter a couple months ago. She sends me a lot of interesting stuff like that. Being that Jake and I found a nice Mexican restaurant right around the corner from the restaurant to have a few beers before dinner, I decided to stil=ck with that theme. The beer is Dos Equis Amber.

Wow...what a great evening spent with some great people and enjoying some great food. If yesterday is an indication of the next couple of days, we are gonna have a fantastic time. Spent a couple hours yesterday just driving around through the country side. What beautiful country around here. I grew up spending countless hours driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains in VA and this so much reminded me of home. Twisty roads, mountains, rock cliffs, rivers, and tons of wildflowers. Was just a beautiful way to spend some time.

Left TX yesterday morning with major storms and heavy rain. Landed in TN to almost identical weather. Rained pretty much all day yesterday. Today however has dawned gorgeous. Clear skies, lots of sunshine, and what promises to be a picture perfect day. Well, time to sneak up on a shower & shave then off to face a day of cooking and eating. Gonne be a great time for sure.

Robert
Good time for sure. Nothing wrong with a coors light lol. Y'all had crawfish pistolettes. See ya afterwhile

Reactions: JLeonard
Just got back to the hotel and gonna be heading over to Jake's shortly. Yesterday I spent a couple hours driving around through the mountains and saw some beautiful country. Decided to head out this morning for another trip but go the other direction. Not as much in the way of mountains this morning but still some gorgeous and scenic driving. Between yesterday and today I learned a couple things about driving in TN. First is that the most popular means of transportation are all green and have John Deere written on them. Second thing I learned was that 6 miles an hour in the middle of the road are the preferred speed and lane position :emoji_laughing: Don't get in a hurry because it's not gonna happen. In all honesty though, a lot of the roads I drove through were barely wide enough for one vehicle. If two had to pass, one had to pull off the road. Being that I'm in their home and I don't want to do combat with a cattle truck or combine, I always moved over. Those are battles I'd lose every time.

Time to get beer and head to Jake's,
Robert

Looks like you're off to a great start, and Emily and Jake look to be having a great time too. So glad you all are getting to do this. Can't wait to see more of the expected "shenanigans" over the next few days. We sometimes forget what it's like to get away for a few days and just have some good fun with friends, old and new. Heck, just to be around people, right? Life is getting back to "Normal" slowly but surely. Thanks for sharing, Robert. I truly wish I was gonna be there this week. I'll live vicariously through you all.:emoji_wink:
Funny you mentioned shenanigans
IMG_20210430_125540.jpg

How late you all hanging out tonight? I am off wife is pu grandkids and dropping them, take about 4 hours to get there and set bags down in the hotel, might leave by 5-6 our time

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky