Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trying to get the wrinkles worked out lol, went to Crossville and spent the night and left our dog with our son, dog is spoiled and wined/paced constantly. 120lbs silver phase chocolate lab. Would have to bring the camper as I hate to stress my sons family and the dog lol. any campgrounds close with full hook ups? need a address also to plan time leaving arriving and to see what I can do about contributing some grub lol , have to work that Friday so Saturday morning some time arrival

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
I’m sure TNJAKE TNJAKE and Emily would let him sleep with them! :emoji_laughing:
Jim
giphy.gif

Poor old dog loves us I reckon , he use to get excited meeting people and pee all over their feet lmao I do think he is over that though. awaiting word to see if I have to take another tecs Saturday which will suck and be 2 weeks of 6 days each,

Reactions: JLeonard
OK good people we are about a week and half out from the Inaugural Middle Tennessee SMF Meetup! Time to start finalizing plans and getting a solid head count.
So far we have:
TNJAKE TNJAKE (Jake) and Emily
tx smoker tx smoker (Robert)
6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN (Dave)
mike243 mike243 (Mike) and Wife (?) and furbaby (?)
Johnny Ray Johnny Ray and wife
JLeonard JLeonard (Jim) and Lesa

Questionable are:
PapaLlama PapaLlama
SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan

Menu lineup:
Friday- Steak, potatoes, Salad.
Saturday- all day cook/eat fest - Scotch eggs, wings, ribs, ABTs, Roast beef, Turkey breast, coppa roast, Tri tip, Smoked beans, pasta salad, and whatever else gets thrown in the mix.

Sunday- tentative plans for breakfast. Will wait and discuss when we are together.

Thinking its gonna be a BYOB situation for the most part. If you bring it and want to share its cool. We'll be bringing beer and Lesa will have wine also. I may bring a bottle of the hard stuff. Robert has mentioned bringing some rotgut from Texas :emoji_laughing: and cigars. Coffee is at Jakes to help out with waking up.

Looking like we have a solid plan for the weekend. Bring your stretchy pants and double up your ant-acids.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. If there is anyone I missed in the lineup let us know.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
OK good people we are about a week and half out from the Inaugural Middle Tennessee SMF Meetup! Time to start finalizing plans and getting a solid head count.
So far we have:
TNJAKE TNJAKE (Jake) and Emily
tx smoker tx smoker (Robert)
6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN (Dave)
mike243 mike243 (Mike) and Wife (?) and furbaby (?)
Johnny Ray Johnny Ray
JLeonard JLeonard (Jim) and Lesa

Questionable are:
PapaLlama PapaLlama
SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan

Menu lineup:
Saturday- all day cook/eat fest Scotch eggs, wings, ribs, ABTs, Roast beef, Turkey breast, coppa roast, Tri tip, Smoked beans, pasta salad, and whatever else gets thrown in the mix.

Sunday- tentative plans for breakfast. Will wait and discuss when we are together.

Thinking its gonna be a BYOB situation for the most part. If you bring it and want to share its cool. We'll be bringing beer and Lesa will have wine also. I may bring a bottle of the hard stuff. Robert has mentioned bringing some rotgut from Texas :emoji_laughing: and cigars. Coffee is at Jakes to help out with waking up.

Looking like we have a solid plan for the weekend. Bring your stretchy pants and double up your ant-acids.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. If there is anyone I missed in the lineup let us know.
Guys, I'm sorry, but we won't be making it. I waited as long as I could to make this decision. Too many variables are preventing it next week. It was gonna be close, but the weather coming in this weekend has made the decision for me. Very saddened not to attend what promises to be a blast. Hoping to make the next one. Wishing everyone a great time and don't do anything I wouldn't do. (Which isn't a lot, lol.)

MJB05615 MJB05615 totally understand that. Hate how life gets in the way of things we want to do. hoping can make this a annual thing and we can plan on next year.
Jim

MJB05615 MJB05615 totally understand that. Hate how life gets in the way of things we want to do. hoping can make this a annual thing and we can plan on next year.
Jim
Thanks Jim. Like John Lennon famously wrote "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." So true.

Reactions: JLeonard

Steaks, ribs, tri tip, sirloin roast, and whatever else finds it's way into the box will be mailed out Monday. Jake could well eat himself into a beef induced coma before we even get there Jim :emoji_astonished:

Robert has mentioned bringing some rotgut from Texas :emoji_laughing: and cigars

Decided to bring a bottle of moonshine that was made by Tim Smith that I received in a Christmas exchange with a forum member. Just didn't want the TN folks getting embarrassed that the best bourbon in the world is distilled in TX :emoji_laughing: I do need to get the humidifier into the humidor though and revive the cigars just a bit.

Guys, I'm sorry, but we won't be making it.

Mike I'm saddened to hear this but as Jim said, we understand. I was really looking forward to meeting you finally but alas it may have to wait another year. Next year though....you gotta plan better :emoji_wink:

Robert

Decided to bring a bottle of moonshine that was made by Tim Smith that I received in a Christmas exchange with a forum member. Just didn't want the TN folks getting embarrassed that the best bourbon in the world is distilled in TX :emoji_laughing: I do need to get the humidifier into the humidor though and revive the cigars just a bit
Robert
That sounds good!
Jim

Steaks, ribs, tri tip, sirloin roast, and whatever else finds it's way into the box will be mailed out Monday. Jake could well eat himself into a beef induced coma before we even get there Jim :emoji_astonished:

Decided to bring a bottle of moonshine that was made by Tim Smith that I received in a Christmas exchange with a forum member. Just didn't want the TN folks getting embarrassed that the best bourbon in the world is distilled in TX :emoji_laughing: I do need to get the humidifier into the humidor though and revive the cigars just a bit.

Mike I'm saddened to hear this but as Jim said, we understand. I was really looking forward to meeting you finally but alas it may have to wait another year. Next year though....you gotta plan better :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert, I'm saddened as well. We don't get out much to begin with, and would love to be around people again. Yes, the irony is usually from mid May til end July I'm usually very available. But my business runs my life unfortunately. It's an "evil bitch goddess." So I hope the next one is just a little later in the month or later in the Summer. I'll be there in Spirit, and knowing you all will be having a blast is the next best thing.

Reactions: TNJAKE
next week at this time I hope to be waking up with a bit of a hangover and looking forward to a day of cooking and hanging out!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky