• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tennessee Gathering April 30-May 2

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Temps look good. I already told Lesa to pack a sweat shirt for the evenings (she freezes). And rain chances dont look bad. I am so ready!
Jim

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Bummer. Looks like I need to bring clothes and shoes. I'd hoped not to need any of that foolish stuff.

Robert
Lmao. Hope you were planning on bringing clothes regardless of weather! I'll be in shorts Saturday. Nights are still cool here though so will have to change into jeans in the evenings

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Bummer. Looks like I need to bring clothes and shoes. I'd hoped not to need any of that foolish stuff.

Robert
Wait a minnit......Is this thing clothing optionable. I didnt know Jake was that liberal! LOL.
Yeah Robert you might have to bring some long pants for the evenings anyway. Altho 70's during the day aint bad shorts weather.
Jim

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Looks like the weather will be great only problem I see is I won't be there to enjoy it with ya. I tried but it just didn't work out maybe next year

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
You know there is a saying that “Life is what happens when we are busy making plans”. I came home from work to find Lesa laying in the floor. She had hurt her ankle and couldn’t get up. Got her to the bed. We debated going to ER. Decided to wait til the this morning (you know ER’s are crazy especially on a Saturday night. ) Went to Minor med this morning (hoping just sprained). Got x-rays. She has a ankle fracture. So now we are at the ER waiting to be seen. Probably will need surgery. So....looks like we are going be a no show for the weekend. We are both heart broken as we were really looking forward to it. I hope you guys have a great time and post multiple pics! .
1460C104-5527-49D7-A4A0-26EE460FF535.jpeg

T TNJAKE tx smoker tx smoker

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Jim, that truly is bad news, and Life did happen like John Lennon wrote. I'm so sorry for you and the others that will miss you and Lesa's company. Hoping she recovers quickly and I know she'll get the best of care with you in the Medical Profession. Glad it wasn't worse. Up North where I'm originally from we say "Stuff happens",
Only we don't say "Stuff":emoji_wink:. Keep us posted on her condition.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
What terrible news to hear Jim, my heart goes out to you and Lesa. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. RAY

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Sorry to hear that hope she heals quickly
Richie

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2020
Boy howdy that should be one great time! I'm getting measured for a little shoulder work right about then, just a little to far to make it there in the Lance this year, maybe next year. I'll be there is spirit, take lots of pics! RAY
...I am just getting completely over Reverse Shoulder Surgery.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
You know there is a saying that “Life is what happens when we are busy making plans”. I came home from work to find Lesa laying in the floor. She had hurt her ankle and couldn’t get up. Got her to the bed. We debated going to ER. Decided to wait til the this morning (you know ER’s are crazy especially on a Saturday night. ) Went to Minor med this morning (hoping just sprained). Got x-rays. She has a ankle fracture. So now we are at the ER waiting to be seen. Probably will need surgery. So....looks like we are going be a no show for the weekend. We are both heart broken as we were really looking forward to it. I hope you guys have a great time and post multiple pics! .
View attachment 493992
T TNJAKE tx smoker tx smoker
I'd say pics or it didn't happen but you provided one. Hope she recovers fast. Y'all will be missed jim and lesa

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident. Hope all goes well.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Jim that sucks and I'm sure Lesa didn't like it much either. Hope if she has to have surgery it goes well and she recovers quickly

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Prayers sent for a speedy full recovery, Mamaw and furbaby decided they didn't want to go, made me reservation at days inn, might see if the 15 year old grand son can go or would want to, any other kids going to be there that's hooked on video games? safe travels

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.