Tender T-Bones. (SV & “Q”)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Tender T-Bones. (SV & “Q”)

Some of you might remember that Mrs Bear & I stopped buying T-Bones, Porterhouse, and NY Strips awhile back, because every Choice example of those that we got around here were Tough & full of Gristle.
Recently a pretty good sale coerced me into buying a few T-Bones @ $4.99 per pound.

So I figured I have to give my Sous Vide Supreme a shot at a couple Tough T-Bones.
First I put them each in their own little Vac sealed bag.
Then I put two of them in my SV, and froze the rest for another day.
I set it at 132° for 27 hours.
Then directly into an ice bath in a large bowl & into the Fridge.
Next day after a few hours in a ziplock with some Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade, I grilled both Steaks on my Weber Q, and Mrs Bear & I shared one of them.
It was Great, Tender & Juicy. Mrs Bear made some Taters Au Gratin & Green Beans to balance out the plates.

I decided to try something new with the second T-Bone, but I’ll post that by itself real soon.

Enjoy The Pics,

Bear

Two SV'd T-Bones cooling quick & into Fridge:
IMG_3587.jpg

Two T-Bones after SV'ing:
IMG_3588.jpg

Both Steaks in a Ziplock with Teriyaki Marinade:
IMG_3590.jpg

Onto my Weber "Q":
IMG_3592.jpg

Almost time to remove:
IMG_3593.jpg

Checking the inside---Just Right---MMmmm........
IMG_3595.jpg

Bear's Supper:
IMG_3596.jpg

Not much left, but the Coyotes will love to gnaw on this bone:

IMG_3597.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great Bear!! Our local Savealot has T bones this week for $3.99. Had to grab a big pack. I may SV mine and reverse sear too.

I noticed you wound up with the filet side Hmmm Looks great we get a T-Bone every once in a while (When they are on sale)

I "Like" it

Gary

Those look great Bear!! Our local Savealot has T bones this week for $3.99. Had to grab a big pack. I may SV mine and reverse sear too.

Thank You Much, Jcam!!!!
I wouldn't do it to a Ribeye, but it sure helps Tenderize a T-Bone!!

Bear

I noticed you wound up with the filet side Hmmm Looks great we get a T-Bone every once in a while (When they are on sale)

I "Like" it

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great. Weis has them on sale now. I am out of steak. Gonna try to get the wife to go tomorrow to get some.

Looks great. Weis has them on sale now. I am out of steak. Gonna try to get the wife to go tomorrow to get some.

Thank You Adam!!
With the ones we get around here, SV is the only way I'll do them any more, and those are called "Choice".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky