Temp question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sitting at 145 right now. Looking good. Got about 90 minutes before I have to leave.
Going to my son’s house and will grill for about 75 people.
Figured I would introduce them to a big fatty too.

I gotta take a crack at a brisket.. biggest issue is the only ones I've seen are -massive- 20+ pounders. Not actually sure how I'd store the left overs on that!

I’ve done a full packer twice. Also did a flat once so it’s not as bad for leftovers.
The big ones I did for other cookouts too. Had about 1/2 left.

I figured I'll wait till we plan to have people over or some thing then try it. If I fail? I can send the horrible brisket home with people who don't know better.. ;)

160 is safe, but it won't hurt to go to 165, especially if you want to get the bacon more done.
It's almost impossible to dry out a fattie.
Al

Thanks guys.
Done, wrapped, and waiting for the guests to show up at my sons. Now working on the burgers and sausage on the grills.
2nd annual end of school ultimate Nurf battle. 75 people with Nerf guns battling in the court out front. Then it will turn into water balloon battle. Followed by a jump in the pool and then food.
Lol. Fun time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky