Temp gauges

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big-fokker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Raleigh, NC
So I ordered two of these
http://www.oldsmokey.com/0242tempgauge.html to mod my GOSM so I could monitor the temps in a more accurate fashion (thanks for the tip Watery Eyes!). I get an e-mail from the online vendor saying that their server is down and would I like to wait or cancel.....it's been almost a week since I placed my order...uh..I'll cancel!
Does anyone know of a store, preferably big chain, that would have these? If not, then would/could anyone suggest an alternative for me to use? I have 2 Taylor digitals that I planned on using in my meat (man that sounds dirty...) but I guess I could buy more...
I'm not usually so rush rush but I just got my smoker and I wanna eat ribs this weekend
icon_wink.gif

Thanks,
"Restless in Raleigh"
icon_mad.gif

i don't know the model ( others here do) but lowe's has this oregon scientific model digital i hear is fantastic. i went to get it yesterday but due to baby fussing i only got 1 stop made & the beer shop came first.(that sounds bad but the beer is an hour from here)dry county(well 1 of 16 adjoining-except for the city of bowling green)
& all....

ps- the maverick et-73 from ebay next day air should do the trick. if yer really that desparate(likei was- thanx for the paranoia smf) wally world has accurite oven gauges for $3.95 and $1.95 probe stick gauges.

Wal Mart also has gauges that should be a direct replacement for te door mounted thermmeters. I believe Lowes and Home Depot do also.

Yeah I saw some replacement gauges at the Depot today (while getting a rib rack) but I didn't know if the gauges needed to be of some special sort...
Thanks for the info and I'll get a couple from HD in the AM.

BTW - Where can a brother find out how to construct ABT's????? I can't find a recipe to save my life!

Hope you had a great B-day DJ-D
wink.gif

Because at the lowest flame, my GOSM therm reads almost 300* so I'm under the assumption that it's wrong...I guess I could just do the tater trick and use one of my Taylor Digitals
icon_idea.gif

I also planned to put some split birds, ABT's and a fatty or two in at the same time.

As Debi said, there are plenty of stores that now carry a variety of therms. It may be quicker/better to buy locally in the event that there are any questions about the product.

Always compare it against another true and trusted therm, do the spud thing to be sure.

I guess I must be confused ... I thought that you needed the therm for the ribs not the smoker. Now, after all these replies, I'm not sure what your problem actually is or what you need ...
icon_confused.gif

i bought two of the small ones at my local academy store. they were accurate out of the package, and have never had a problem with them. i am getting two more for my new smoker i just built.

I bought mine at home depot they are $20.00 a piece for the large ones. Have checked all 4 of them in boiling water and all were 212*.

That's what I thought ... Wal Mart, Lowes, and Home Depot all have them here and for us blind folks they one with big numbers is at Lowes!

Thanks Debi,
I got a couple at the Depot today and installed them. If I see some bigger dials at Lowes then I'll change them out but for now...these will do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky