Taste testing to decide which to use

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawnc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Did an oven cooked pulled pork last week and now doing a smoked pulled pork for my oldest son to decide which he wants for his Eagle Scout award lunch. For this smoke I am also using wood sticks (after got a good base of lump charcoal going) and finding that the temp is staying more consistent. Going to be posting photos as I go today and as always, feedback and advice are welcomed.

This is after wrapping the 8# pork shoulder with my rub overnight

Keeping a constant temp and just added more liquid to the pan at the 3 hour mark

Normally put the thermometer in at the halfway point. Sitting at 172 IT and the heat seems to be keeping consistent between 225 and 250. Went out and picked up items to make some cheesy potatoes also. Figure since this is my vacation, I can eat some not so healthy foods that I try to limit to family get-together meals.

The pork loin chunks...similar to burnt ends?

My son and I agreed, the smoked pork was better. No just need to do 18-20#s for the award ceremony lunch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky