Taste of Grand Rapids BBQ Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
ADA, MI
Wev'e decided to try our hand at are first comp the " Taste of Grand Rapids" on July 13th & 14th. Really nervous and excited at the same time. We don't expect to much, but we think it will be great fun and a good learning experience.

http://www.101thefoxrocks.com/cc-com...1176729908.pdf

Had to come up with a team name and logo, here it is. Wish us luck!!

scot10001wa1.jpg

Love the logo Theresa!!! Best of luck, I'm between now and July you will have perfected what you're going to do...Get that Lang fired up!

Logo is really cool.....

Comp looks like it will be fun. The entry cost is low compared to most... I like that idea, and why do you get a break in the middle of turn-ins. That is a first..... look at mine.... non-stop for all 6 turn-ins, no break.......

You will love the competition. You will get bit by the "bug" and you will not be able to wait until you can do it again. Just be sure and relax, it isn't that big of a deal. Just pretend it is one giant picnic.....

Bill

PS..

If you need a few pointers, pm me and I will help you out.

Here is one to start:
icon_arrow.gif

Bill

Thanks, we plan on doing as many smokes as we possibly can fit in before the contest with the new smoker.

Love the fact that their giving an hour break between some of the turn in's. Not messing with any side entries this time, just gonna do the chicken, ribs, pork and brisket catogories. Don't want to bite off more than we can chew (pun intended).

Looking foward to hearing about how you fared and what you thought Bill. Not long for you to go now!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Awsome Logo Theresa! I love the piggies!

You guys will do fine. Don't be nervous it's just for fun right? Getting a feel for it and that sort of thing. Hell you can still pay the rent it's not that important .... feel better yet?
biggrin.gif

Hugs!

Hey theresa, cool logo
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I think i'm a wee bit o scottish myself, look forward to q'ing with u guys, all i can think about as i watch over tonite's smoke, not sure how to fit everything in a 15 x 30 space
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
talk to u soon

your logo looks really good

i believe i will be working in the grand rapids area that weekend... gonna have to check it out

time for you guys to practise now..lol

I'm hoping their not going to be too strict with the 15x30 footprint Bubba...we will see.
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif
Happy to have you aboard!!!

Good way to look at it Debi.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If your in GR Jeff just look for the smokin scotsman!!! It would be great to meet you!!

Best of luck to you and Bud. Will ya be sportin the kilts and hats?

GO TEAM SCOTSMEN!!

Keep Smokin

Ohhh yeah... That logo is Smokin... nice job!

Thanks PC, Bud asked me the same question, I told him he was more then welcome to wear a kilt... I just reminded him that brushing up against a hot smoker might not be a pleasent experience
eek.gif
Me, I think I'll stick to jeans and a T-shirt!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

speaking of t-shirts.... do you guys have someone to make you any with your team logo on them?

i know a guy that would probably be more than willing to make a bunch of t-shirts with your logo for a fair price.. he does car graphics, vinyl signs etc etc

Nice logo,

Hope to see you there.

By the way I just heard about an other competition at Silver Lake during the apple festival. I believe that it will be the weekend of Sept 15. If you go to this one let me know. I plan to visit it.

That would be great if you can get me some info on it, I sure do appreciate the offer, Thanks!!!

Same hear Cheech, stop on by and pull up a chair and we'll have a cold one!!

Depending on how this one goes, will be competing at Silver Lake as well. Should be a beautiful time of the year up there!! Here's a link to their site.

http://www.slsdbbq.com/

Theresa -

As much as I'd really love to eet you guys is kind of a long drive from CT! Wish you all the best of luck though!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Thanks Debi, if you ever make it to this neck of the woods we have a nice guest room for you and Jessie. I'm sure we could cook up a storm!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

well let's see. It is Sunday, no Theresa, so they must be cooking up a storm on the new Lang.... Can't wait to see the pics.... I know they ain't sleeping today... they better be smoking.

If I had to work, they can be cooking.
icon_twisted.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky