Talk me out of it......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are actually a good handful and YOU who are guilty know who you are!
Sure am glad to know I'm not one of them :emoji_wink:
Well, I’m a horizontally challenged redneck
How many times do I have to tell you? You're VERTICALLY challenged, not horizontally, unless for some reason you can't lay down :emoji_astonished:
I had a flat top hair cut way back when. Does that count.
Only if you're in Texas Chris and it's hot enough to cook on top of your head :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks for the heads up JLeonard JLeonard … pulled the trigger… enabler… now just waiting til spring to try it out…. enabler… with the way our winter is going, that’ll be bout August! 🤣

So my conclusion is this site has more than one enabler…. There are actually a good handful and YOU who are guilty know who you are! 😉
I could name a few..... :emoji_laughing:

Thanks for the heads up JLeonard JLeonard … pulled the trigger… enabler… now just waiting til spring to try it out…. enabler… with the way our winter is going, that’ll be bout August! 🤣

So my conclusion is this site has more than one enabler…. There are actually a good handful and YOU who are guilty know who you are! 😉
Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ when ya'll thaw out up there we'll have a flat top cook off!

Jim

Well I pulled the trigger. Got the griddle, adapter hose and accessory kit. Should be here tomorrow according to amazon. I'm gonna pass around a sign up sheet so I can couch surf when the wife finds out I bought another cooking "toy"!

Jim

I’d dare say the first smash burger or breakfast you cook… she will invite ya back off the couch! 😉

At least that’s the route I’m going… wife isn’t home… and if all else fails… the couch isn’t too bad, actually kinda comfy! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: JC in GB
Well I pulled the trigger.
Congrats!! You have taken the first step into a much larger world. Before we all start talking upgrades, don't forget all the cool gadgets you get to acquire now:

Spatulas, domes, infrared thermometers, squirt bottles, scrapers, covers, and and and. :emoji_sunglasses:

There are tons of YouTube videos on recipes and tips. I saw one I need to try once it warms up (it is 54 here in Southern Calif, Brrrrr): Pizza Sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls...

You are gonna really enjoy it...

IMG_1807.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_0632.jpg

If you have a Walmart nearby, they usually have a good selection of griddle accessories.

Post some pics of it once you get it set up. Looks like a nice griddle.

Reactions: JC in GB
I got a Blackstone 17" for 97 bucks for camping. Cast iron griddle. What's a powder coated steel top?

Reactions: chopsaw
I got a Blackstone 17" for 97 bucks for camping. Cast iron griddle. What's a powder coated steel top?
Many websites get the details wrong or lacking some words.
Amazon stated 3 mm thick griddle or 1/8" and pre-seasoned. 1/8" is way too thin so I went to Pitboss website and it is really 4.7 or 3/16" thick and pre-seasoned.
Griddle thickness is similar to my Blackstone 22" griddle.
Yeah, Amazon stated powder coated steel, but missed the base unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky