Take a look at my BUTT! ha ha (Q view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masonman1345

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Orangefield Texas
Cooked this here butt in my nu wave oven turned out great.
5adfc648_porkbutt.jpg

No smoke but it is my new toy i recieved for my birthday, So i'am trying items in it. It works great and saves me time to think of new ideas. The juice on the pan is oosing out as i took the pic.

icon_cool.gif

It looks good to me but I think that it would be better smoked.

no dout!! but it was easy to cook in the nu wave and a quarter of the time and still made a great meal. I want to build a smokehouse, but i have no income for over a year now due to an automobile accident.

Mason, while you wait on building your smokehouse may I make a suggestion? You can pick up a Brinkmann Smoke N Grill (ECB) at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc for less than forty dollars right now. Peak price during the summer is no more than fifty. It will work with some patience right out of the box, but if you have the patience there are a few modifications you can make to it that will have you turning out some great slow cooked bbq. Its what i use and what many people start on as their first smoker. Its not easy but a true hobby is not supposed to be. A butt cooked low and slow with real wood smoke is something you cant even compare to any other means of cooking. Just my pennies.

Steve
no dout!! but it was easy to cook in the nu wave and a quarter of the time and still made a great meal. I want to build a smokehouse, but i have no income for over a year now due to an automobile accident.

I have smoked them before, I have a 20" x 7' pit mounted on a 4' x 8' trailer. I cook on it at cookoffs but haven't been able to since my accident. I have no extra money what i can get goes to my children, but would appreciate ideas for a smokehoue. I do have a stand up Brinkman cooker thats about 3' tall and 2' wide. Any ideas?

It should work, it has three racks, two top vents and two bottom vents. I was going to have someone i know help me modify it with me. I was thinking of a small wood smoking box channeled through a drier vent hose into the smoker? Will it wok?

I'm confused. Is it a grill, or a smoker? If its a smoker you wouldn't need to run a separate smoke source into it.

It should work, it has three racks, two top vents and two bottom vents. I was going to have someone i know help me modify it with me. I was thinking of a small wood smoking box channeled through a drier vent hose into the smoker? Will it wok?

5094f105_smoker.jpg
It is a grill with racks on the insidie. The complete front is the door. Hang on and i'll see if i can take a pic of it.

Last edited:
Hey mason man, are you george from the welding forum?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky