Tacos Al Pastor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
The recipe for the marinade
F97CD533-44EF-424E-9C03-6179C08BF55F.png

The hard to find items were ordered from Amazon
DDC95045-F1DB-4DD4-854C-483C8717E543.jpeg

The dried peppers were reconstituted on the stove and all the seeds were removed. Nitrile gloves were worn at all times when dealing with the peppers and marinade
5EBD9F2C-45BB-4E43-AA88-070DABADD9F5.jpeg

Really to pulverize
54F3AAFE-8D27-457A-9183-ED5328FE8AB5.jpeg

The marinade chopped
C6ECA224-F720-459A-AABC-89A2A106575E.jpeg

After the bone was removed the pork butt was cut into 1/4 inch slices. The pork was still partially frozen which made slicing easier
5AA344B8-B91E-4B5A-8AF6-BCCA693E785B.jpeg

The pork and marinade mixed up for 24 hours
D588061F-8AFD-4742-85EE-EE54CBDB4AF3.jpeg

Homemade pineapple salsa made up for taco toppings
14C58B2A-778F-4409-A65A-CDEED6E3C85E.jpeg

The pork tower made up and ready to smoke
D8A91A93-2191-4DE3-BCE2-E90B35374B63.jpeg

The stack was smoked at 260 degrees for six hours. The high amount of sugars in the pineapple made some very good burnt ends
AF33B77F-5642-4B51-B9F5-670C134D9B53.jpeg

Slicing the tower
9EF9C73F-0A63-4EC4-A2A5-99EA59B7F0E3.jpeg

About done slicing
9EF9C73F-0A63-4EC4-A2A5-99EA59B7F0E3.jpeg

The main event topped with the pineapple salsa, avocado slices, cilantro and finished with lime juice. This cook produced many different unique flavors plus great visual effects
FCC34F7E-7C86-47D9-A5E4-5D71D08A0AC5.jpeg

Attachments

• B28C8F4E-CE88-4B35-B669-93FC0835A961.jpeg
    B28C8F4E-CE88-4B35-B669-93FC0835A961.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 11
I swear I can almost smell that marinade in the blender!

200.gif

Looks amazing! Pineapple salsa sounds like it's the perfect topping. I really want to try this someday. Thanks for another nudge in the right direction!

Reactions: Ishi
YOWZERS!
DAMMIT MAN!
That it the best Al pastor I've seen on here, the most authentic marinade recipe and it's only a lack of a vertical rotisserie allowing for continuing charring as it's sliced keeping it from being 100% straight up (get it?) the real deal.

I bow before the awesome sauce presented here.

Reactions: Ishi and jcam222
Wow! I was just going to write up my Al Pastor recipe. There's going to be 2 posts now within 2 days haha. Looks great though!

Looks fantastic!! The marinade is legit! I always have dried guajillo peppers , ancho and arbol peppers in the pantry. Easy to get in my little town thankfully. Also have a huge bag of Mexican oregano. Great ingredients for many recipes for sure.

Ishi, Amaizing job! Man I could eat tacos at you place any time! There was alot involved in making those and I know the hard work payed out! Dang those look good! Very nice job! LIKE!

I'd say you knocked it out of the park! Awesome job! Have to laugh tho, seen that big ole tower of meat and thought Sowsage Sowsage was making another monster burger.

Ryan
Hahaha! Man its late and now all I can think about is a big giant monster taco burger! I may have to figure this out in the neer future!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Pretty nice looking meat. The Recipe sounds great...JJ

Looks amazing, nice job. When you say “reconstitute” what do you mean? I’m gonna give this a go soon.

Bout all I can say is WOW!!!
Al
Thank Al! I appreciate it
Ishi, Amaizing job! Man I could eat tacos at you place any time! There was alot involved in making those and I know the hard work payed out! Dang those look good! Very nice job! LIKE!
Thank you! Yes they a lots of work but worth it
Wow nice job. Looks amazing. Gonna do these for sure
Thanks Jake
Wow! Just wow!

Al pastor is my favorite, hands down! Yours look amazing!
They were crazy good and thanks

View attachment 457029

Looks amazing! Pineapple salsa sounds like it's the perfect topping. I really want to try this someday. Thanks for another nudge in the right direction!
The marinade aroma was unique but good
Man. Nice job
Thanks for the kind words
YOWZERS!
DAMMIT MAN!
That it the best Al pastor I've seen on here, the most authentic marinade recipe and it's only a lack of a vertical rotisserie allowing for continuing charring as it's sliced keeping it from being 100% straight up (get it?) the real deal.

I know what you mean but I have limited equipment. If you look at the cooked tower one spot has no char that’s because I pulled a chunk of to taste before the guests arrived.
Wow! I was just going to write up my Al Pastor recipe. There's going to be 2 posts now within 2 days haha. Looks great though!
The more the better on these wonderful treats
Looks fantastic!! The marinade is legit! I always have dried guajillo peppers , ancho and arbol peppers in the pantry. Easy to get in my little town thankfully. Also have a huge bag of Mexican oregano. Great ingredients for many recipes for sure.
I’m very rural so Amazon was my best option. Thanks for the post
I'd say you knocked it out of the park! Awesome job! Have to laugh tho, seen that big ole tower of meat and thought Sowsage Sowsage was making another monster burger.

Ryan
These are the types of posts I hate. You made this look so amazing that I am going to have to try this myself. It has been added to a LONG list of must-tries.
Give it a try you won’t be disappointed
Thanks jj
Looks amazing, nice job. When you say “reconstitute” what do you mean? I’m gonna give this a go soon.
I should have used a better term. The peppers were put on low until they were soft.
Damnit man that looks amazing! Big points and thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope that tower gets a ride on the carousel!
Getting a ride is tough but very glad to share. Thanks for the kind words
Al
Wow nice job. Looks amazing. Gonna do these for sure
Wow! Just wow!

Al pastor is my favorite, hands down! Yours look amazing!

View attachment 457029

Man. Nice job
YOWZERS!
DAMMIT MAN!

Ryan
These are the types of posts I hate. You made this look so amazing that I am going to have to try this myself. It has been added to a LONG list of must-tries.
Damnit man that looks amazing! Big points and thanks for sharing the recipe. Hope that tower gets a ride on the carousel!
Al

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky