Tacos Al Pastor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Southern Cali.
Well i haven't posted anything in awhile so i figured why not some tacos that i had for dinner today!! These are pork tacos al pastor made with a adobo sauce. and i also made some chicken tacos that i marinaded in lemon juice and some orange with just salt and black pepper. Here are some pics

ea992939_tacos001.jpg

4b95ac48_tacos003.jpg

4a7f4e36_tacos004.jpg

67a3c37e_tacos006.jpg

eecd6d09_tacos007.jpg

Is the pork loin meat?  How did you make your Adobo sauce and how long did you let it soak?  Looks yummy for sure!!!

Thats actually pork butt that i thin sliced. and as for the adobo it is,Chili ancho and chipotle, with some vinger and black pepper, fresh garlic, and salt. blend it all with pineapple juice and orange juice. let it sit for about 6 hours!!

Here is the Adobo recipe in more detail!!

2 chili anchos (toasted over an open flame)

3 chipotile chili's

3 cloves of garlic

1/2 tsp whole black pepper

1/4 tsp thyme

2 tbsp dried oregano

1/4 cup of orange juice

1/4 cup of pineapple juice

and a splash of apple cider vinegar and salt to taste

blend it all in the blender till very smooth.

add water if needed!!

I think it will be a bit to spicy i also smoke my own chipotle chili's i use a bit different recipe for that adobo. but hey if you like it hot go ahead and give it a shot!!

icon_cool.gif

Now I could eat maybe a dozen of those little beauties for sure. I really like the home made adobo sauce. Thats a keeper for sure.

I'm telling you those tacos look awesome!

Last spring we made and sold some pork and chicken tacos very similiar to that except with a special avocado slaw my wife makes... had a line around the block!

That marinade looks fantastic though, i'll have to remember that one!

Thanks for sharing.

If the weather stays nice this weekend I am going to give this one a try, Al Pastor tacos are one of my favs.  There is a great taco truck down the street from my work that sells some of the best I have had.  Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky