Taco Emergency!! Somebody Call Nine Juan Juan (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Although I would have filled up that third spot in the holder. It looks lonely.

Thanks Jake. I have filled the 3rd spot but for picture taking, it gets kinda crowded. The third slot did get filled though, twice as a matter of fact :emoji_wink:

TXS, Tacos look delicious!

Thank you sir. They were quite tasty.

Never actually had a Taco, but I'd be all over that !!

Ya just need to change that Bear. Tacos are a staple of life, even up north...and thanks for the like and nice comments.

Robert

Looks great . Nice use of the leftovers .

Thank you Richie. I knew when I opened those bacon chops they would not all get eaten in one round so there'd be leftovers. This was a nice way to use some of them.

A well balanced meal, looks delicious!

Thanks Colin. It was tasty and I guess it had all 5 pf the recommended food groups :emoji_wink:

Thats some Good looking tacos Robert now bring on that brisket.

Thanks Jim. Got pics of the brisket cook but it's not my best effort by a long shot.

Robert

Sounds good! I've been wanting to try pork for tacos but the Mrs won't have it LOL!

Totally different around here. Beef is our mainstay but I get to work some pork into the rotation so Tracy has asked that I come up with different ways to do the pork. this was one of those times and it worked out really well.

Points for sure….but I’d give you points just for the title🤣🤣!!!!!

Thanks Jed. I thought it was kinda catchy. I hate getting my only creative inspiration for the year this early though. Now I will be a total void for the rest of the year :emoji_laughing:

I have heard you mention your Mexican
spice ,is it posted on here anywhere, to see whats in yours
What is your Mexican spice blend???

Sorry for the delay guys. Started tearing apart the cabinet smoker and getting the build going for the new one. Been kinda slammed. Here is the recipe I came up with. Adjust to taste of course.

1 T Kosher salt
½ T Oregano crumbled in your hand
1 T Garlic powder
1 t Black pepper
½ t Chipotle powder
1 T Arbol powder
1 ½ T Pasilla powder
1 T Ancho powder
1T Guajillo powder
1 T Granulated onion
½ T Chili powder

Robert

I've lived in Pennsylvania Dutch areas all of my Civilian Life, with no Hispanic Cooks to Cry about.
Bear
I have to agree with tx smoker tx smoker on this one Bear. I grew up in a town in Iowa that had no Mexican food until a Taco Bell showed up in the late 80s, if you consider that Mexican, but my parents still made tacos! They developed a taste for them when my Dad was in the Marines. Definitely something to try out!

I have to agree with tx smoker tx smoker on this one Bear. I grew up in a town in Iowa that had no Mexican food until a Taco Bell showed up in the late 80s, if you consider that Mexican, but my parents still made tacos! They developed a taste for them when my Dad was in the Marines. Definitely something to try out!

Too late for me, at this point. I don't get out any more!
However you guys misunderstood---I got no problem with Hispanics.
I just never had any close enough to teach me anything Mexican. They were always in the border states with the guys who cried about them coming to this country & teaching them how to cook. I think they should thank them for teaching them how to cook, instead of Bitching about them all the time!

Just My 2 Piasters,

Bear

Too late for me, at this point. I don't get out any more!
However you guys misunderstood---I got no problem with Hispanics.
I just never had any close enough to teach me anything Mexican. They were always in the border states with the guys who cried about them coming to this country & teaching them how to cook. I think they should thank them for teaching them how to cook, instead of Bitching about them all the time!
Just My 2 Piasters,
Bear
🤣Sorry Bear, I didn’t think you had problems with Hispanics and didn’t mean to imply that! I was more making fun of my Midwest upbringing, shelf stable flour tortilla shells, pace picante mixed with ground beef, Velveta cheese, and iceberg lettuce chopped up was a taco to me until I was stationed in San Diego!

Reactions: JLeonard
🤣Sorry Bear, I didn’t think you had problems with Hispanics and didn’t mean to imply that! I was more making fun of my Midwest upbringing, shelf stable flour tortilla shells, pace picante mixed with ground beef, Velveta cheese, and iceberg lettuce chopped up was a taco to me until I was stationed in San Diego!

I know, but I see so much Mexican type foods on here, by all kinds of names, and it all looks Great, but I'm not about to try something that new at this stage in my life. Plus Mrs Bear wouldn't touch anything with heat involved.

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Robert, I'm not sure how I let this one slip through the cracks. I was fishing in a tournament Saturday, but that's no excuse. Those are a couple of really fine looking tacos and not the average run of the mill tacos...:emoji_wink:

Missed this one somehow Robert, looks fantastic. I love tacos and frankly any Mexican type meal. I’d murder at least 4 of those.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky