T-minus 27 hours and counting......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pkgal95

Original poster
May 24, 2007
Kansas
27 hours until the first launch of "Smokin' Pistol Pete's" brisket adventure. I have done a few tests with my new smoker, to check temp's, and with everthing closed I maintain about 230 degrees. Is that gunna' work????
Maybe that's a little too hot??? Would a water tray cool it a little???

-"Smokin' Pistol Pete"

I would say that a water pan will cool it and so might filling the smoker with meat. A dry run for the burn in is good but you will need to watch the temps closer the first time that you actually throw on the meat. It is all so subjective that you need to know the temp at the grill and in the meat, I installed a thermometer in the lid of my rig and get a pretty wide swing from lid to each grill level (Three different thermometers though so who knows?)

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky