Swine-apple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

streetrail

Original poster
May 17, 2015
Good Morning... New to the forums...

For the hell of it today, we are going to attempt to do the Swine-Apple..

has anyone attempted this yet?  There is only some info on it... was wondering if I put rub on the pineapple? 

Will post photos as we go...

Reactions: geowebstr and disco
I'll take a front seat here. Welcome to SMF you may want to update your profile,location post some picks as to how you do the whole thing.

icon14.gif
110.gif

Just bought all the stuff and I'm trying this tomorrow. I'll put pics up
Cool!!  I've got a pineapple and country ribs waiting to go tomorrow!  From a couple things I've seen in other online sources, 5 hours might be too long.  It seems like the pineapple starts to disintegrate so be careful.

GALLERY]

Pulled it off after 3.5hrs on Green Egg at 225F. Flavor is good! Need more rub on ribs. Outside needs something too. Overall very pleased with first attempt.

I have stuff to do this today. Can you share any tips for what to do different from what you had done? I have 2 and was wondering if I need to par smoke the csr's first.

leebob,

I laid the PA on its side and carved out a section, leaving the top and bottom intact. I then Hollowed out the section and the rest. Packed it with the ribs and covered in bacon. Keep an eye on the temp and try to maintain at 225F. As for wood, I used pecan (that was all I had on hand).

Had a former boss try one. He said it turned out not that great. Pork lost most of its rub flavour for some reason and didn't get any of the sweetness of the pineapple. 

Had a former boss try one. He said it turned out not that great. Pork lost most of its rub flavour for some reason and didn't get any of the sweetness of the pineapple. 

I tried it yesterday and it was almost totally inedible
Looked good

But something happened that made the outside edges of the pork soft and mushy like wet bread

The bacon was tasty though

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky