Sweet & Spicy Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
She Who Must Be Obeyed loves salmon. I love She Who Must Be Obeyed so I keep trying to up my salmon game. I love smoking salmon and a touch of sweet really adds to it. I decided it might be good with a touch of spicy heat and this is the result.

I started with a couple of nice pieces of wild caught sockeye fillet.

Then I made up a glaze for the salmon:

• 25 ml (2 tbsp) honey
  • 1 ml (1/4 tsp) paprika
  • 2 ml (1/2 tsp) dried ginger
  • 10 ml (2 tsp) soy sauce
  • 0.5 ml to 2 ml (1/8 to 1/2 tsp) Sriracha sauce (can substitute Hot Pepper Sauce)
Use the lesser amount of Sriracha for just a touch of heat and the larger amount for a real kick.

Sweet & Spicy Salmon 1.jpg

I preheated my smoker to 200 F and put the salmon on. You can do this in a 200 F oven but it won’t have the smoke flavour. I cooked the salmon until the internal temperature was 110 F. The time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. It took about an hour on these.

Sweet & Spicy Salmon 2.jpg

I brushed the salmon with the glaze and cooked to an internal temperature of 130 F which took about another 30 minutes. I brushed again with glaze and smoked for 20 minutes.
I served the salmon with oven fries and coleslaw.

Sweet & Spicy Salmon 4.jpg

Sweet & Spicy Salmon 3.jpg

The Verdict

This turned out wonderfully. The salmon had a nice kiss of smoke the honey made a wonderful glaze and the touch of heat just set it all off. Best of all, She Who Must Be Obeyed liked it!

Disco

Looks like a meal fit for a king.

Point for sure
Chris

I am definitely making this one. SWMBO (a.k.a. The Meat Police) will approve I am sure. Thanks OFG.

Looks absolutely delicious. Another one , out of the ballpark...

You are very kind! Thanks!

I am definitely making this one. SWMBO (a.k.a. The Meat Police) will approve I am sure. Thanks OFG.

I'm with you. My missus insists on seafood a couple of days a week and calls beef "cow".

Looks like a meal fit for a king.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the point, Chris!

Man looks awesome!! My boss love salmon too :)

Thanks! It is always good to please management!

- this is the main point!!! Thank you, Disco. Not this, but next weekend I will try to impress my "Who Must Be Obeyed".... with your recipe.... :emoji_wink:

Thanks! I hope you both like it!

Another Awesome meal by the Canadian Master who knows how to keep peace in the house. :emoji_wink:

Warren

Thanks, Warren! We just had our anniversary and I have 44 years of practice keeping the peace!

It looks delicious Disco! I could never really get to like salmon but yours makes me want to try again.

It looks delicious Disco! I could never really get to like salmon but yours makes me want to try again.
Being raised on the west coast of Canada, I can't imagine not eating salmon. Thanks for the kind words!

Disco,
That looks fantastic. I need to find some other Salmon recipes for I'm getting bored (not my friends, mind you) of what I do with my default recipes. Gotta try your recipe one of these days.

Thanks for posting it.

Disco,
That looks fantastic. I need to find some other Salmon recipes for I'm getting bored (not my friends, mind you) of what I do with my default recipes. Gotta try your recipe one of these days.

Thanks for posting it.
Most kind sir! However, there is a reason those are default recipes. There is no problem experimenting but you have to go back to perfection.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky