• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

swaps?

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
So I know my wife belongs to a knitting forum that conducts swaps. They pick a theme and people sign up then you sned each other stuff...do we do stuff like that?

scootermagoo

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2011
Dang, I can't knit.  But, I could use a cozy for "Reefer Madness", LOL.

I'm joking of course.

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
I dont know about the knitting either I just thought It might be cool getting a new spatula or something.

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
hmmmm so I can proably assume that by shear lack of interest that this would be a no go idea then?

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
oh ok I see....I didn't find that sorry about that.....I was almost thinking of like a secret santa kinda thing...only not so secret. Like a bunch of people sign up and then they are assigned a person and they have to learn a bit about them and send them something like maybe a homemade rub. Nothing crazy though.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Big

I'm all for it, but sending stuff back and forth from Canada to the US can be a real pain.  Every time I buy something stateside, seems like it takes forever to get it.

Gary

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
well the wife said that it is expensive so what they do is if someone from your neck of the woods were to also sign up you two would be paired so that way the shipping isn't crazy. She also said they put a dollar limit on it so that way no one feels jipped.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey

That sounds like a heck of a good idea

Gary

bigsmoken

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 11, 2013
well I dont know how it would have to work but if I needed to step up Id be more than happy to orcherstrate the whole thing. but thats only if I were to get enough people that would want to do it...actually i guess if any number of people wanted to do it we could.  even if its two people

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.