SV Tri Tip at bachelor pad.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
this is a treat I give myself when the wife is gone...she wont eat it... She gone to Mississippi because MIL fell and broke herself. having a procedure today to fix the break with some kinda magic glue for osteoporotic bones?? IDK. should be out patient and easy. wife is out for a week, I'm here with the dogs and its way too hot. anyways....so I SV a small TT with Montreal seasoning for 6 hours at 131. Then gave it the torch and sliced. it was budda! Made some Italian green beans for the side with SD toast. beans I kinda winged, but its pearl onions, garlic, canned chopped tomatoes kinda mashed, S&P and some bacon. the pics is horrible, but I was enjoying the afternoon G&T's. it was like 100 degrees and I am home alone - Seemed like the right call all around, no excuses 🍸

IMG_7200.jpg

Good looking plate. Hope the wife survives the sauna here in Mississippi. Speedy healing for the MIL. My MIL has more cement than bone in here back from the osteo.

Jim

Looks good. My wife doesn't eat pork, so I cook pork chops or ham when she goes outta town.
I used to use Montreal all the time for vegetables (broccoli, green beans) but never for meat.

Last edited:
Looks pretty tasty to me! The heat we're having is bringing a lot of SV into play I expect.
So what are you having the rest of the week? Tri-Tip?
I hope your MIL has good results and your wife says safe. My wife has Osteoporosis issues and it's not a fun thing.

My wife doesn't eat any meat cuts, just sausage and burgers. That's a fine looking plate Dave, perfectly cooked to my liking, so, Like! RAY

That's beautiful Dave. Meat is done to perfection and you can almost sense how tender it is. Great job!

Robert

thank you my friends! It was a great meal, and of course there was left over TT - but not for long

Bombay Safire usually, but I recently tried Hendricks and its was pretty good too.
Looks great!
I usually smoke my TT to 110 deg. freeze, when I want, SV then reverse sear.

As far as Gin goes, we are lucky my son lives in NH, their state stores are some of the cheapest in the country with no sales tax. Bombay Safire is usually $28 for the big 1.75 liter and Stoly vodka is $24 for the same size. We go up there and buy cases of them...last trip was over $1200!....yeah we might have a problem.

That tri-tip is done perfectly for our tastes and I make Italian green beans regularly. All looks good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky