• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV Top Round / London Broil

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2020
I wanted to cook a top round / London broil using the sous vide method. I seasoned it with Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and put two pats of unsalted butter on each side of the meat before sealing the meat in a bag. I put the meat in a sous vide bath for 24 hours at 131 F. I then filled a chimney smoker with charcoal and put a grate on top of the chimney smoker and seared it there. Many thanks to Bearcarver for his post and his help with this cook. I was amazed how much better it was than the one I smoked about a month ago. It was more tender and moist. Thank you for looking.

Rob

Attachments

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Looks Perfect, Rob!!!
Great Idea to put a Grill Grate on your Chimney Starter.
That Picture looks So Good!!!
Like.

Bear

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
That sliced picture about says is all Rob, beautiful piece of work, Like! RAY

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2020
That Looks Perfect, Rob!!!
Great Idea to put a Grill Grate on your Chimney Starter.
That Picture looks So Good!!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear for your encouragement and help. I really didn't know what to expect, but it was better than I thought. And it was as good as it looked.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
R robrpb I feel the same way. I got his step by steps bookmarked and if I have a question I will go to them. And then message him if needed. Hasn't steered my wrong yet.
Jim

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks delicious!
Nicely done!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.