SV Top Round / London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 15, 2020
Royal Palm Beach, FL
I wanted to cook a top round / London broil using the sous vide method. I seasoned it with Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and put two pats of unsalted butter on each side of the meat before sealing the meat in a bag. I put the meat in a sous vide bath for 24 hours at 131 F. I then filled a chimney smoker with charcoal and put a grate on top of the chimney smoker and seared it there. Many thanks to Bearcarver for his post and his help with this cook. I was amazed how much better it was than the one I smoked about a month ago. It was more tender and moist. Thank you for looking.

Rob

Attachments

• London broil - 2021-03-28.jpg
    London broil - 2021-03-28.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
  • London broil sliced - 2021-03-28.jpg
    London broil sliced - 2021-03-28.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 28
R robrpb I feel the same way. I got his step by steps bookmarked and if I have a question I will go to them. And then message him if needed. Hasn't steered my wrong yet.
Jim

Reactions: robrpb
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky