• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV EOR! So good!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I pulled a couple 1LB Eye of the Rounds and gave them a 24 hour bath at 131. came out so feakin good!

these I rubbed and vac packed raw. pulled and dropped frozen to the SV bath. easy and awesome! I dont have pics sorry. been having roast beef samis all week. Delish!

EOR.jpg

Last edited:

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I know it's good . I have one cut into thirds , seasoned , vac'd and froze . Ready to drop whenever .

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
this is one of those preps that cant be beat! pull, drop, go, and eat in a day. Love it!

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Same here but do halves and inject. Last one I used French Onion soup. Wonder if GFS prices for EOR here have stablized. $3lb all the time in the day.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
added a pic :) this is the second block - first one is long gone

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Oooh man that looks killer. I am gonna try running lower now. Wife likes "well done" so I run 135F but that just looks perfect. I have not seared any yet, you guys? Is there a flavor pickup or mainly presentation?

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I have not seared any yet, you guys?
I havent yet, I want to, but havent had the time.

I do want to try 130 for 24 hours then chill to 38, then smoke back up and maybe sear. I have a tri tip seasoned and vacuumed up at the ready...looking for the window of opportunity fire that SV

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Oooh man that looks killer.
and thank you! these are very quickly becoming a fav of mine. so much bang for the buck and nice and easy. hits all the points I like at half the price of store roast beef.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have not seared any yet, you guys? Is there a flavor pickup or mainly presentation?
I run at 132 . I seared the last one I did . Helps with the looks for sure . I think the smell of beef in a hot cast iron skillet adds to it .
20200101_180434.jpg 20200101_180539.jpg
I am gonna try running lower now. Wife likes "well done" so I run 135F
Sam , you should try the soup / broth trick I use . Works real good for sandwiches .
Run at the temp you like medium rare . Then have the pot of broth or what ever just warm on the stove . Don't boil . Add her slices to the pot to further cook and take the color to where she likes it .
This was beef knuckle cooked rare then finished with beefy onion soup . I just poured the hot soup on the cold meat .
20200728_153249.jpg 20200728_155753.jpg

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
I havent yet, I want to, but havent had the time.

I do want to try 130 for 24 hours then chill to 38, then smoke back up and maybe sear. I have a tri tip seasoned and vacuumed up at the ready...looking for the window of opportunity fire that SV
Plan to do exactly the same here: SV and chill then try sear (HF torch) and smoking. I'd also like to try a sear pre SV. And I am not kidding I am gonna hit it HARD on the sear. Excited, GFS is showing EOR for $3/lb. I will try and post my results when I get to them.

EOR is a favorite here too and in fact these are 90% of the reason I got into SV. Rich's chopsaw chopsaw canadian marindaded pork loin is like the other 10% :emoji_laughing: and in fact going to grill one (made into chops) tonight. Like DUH. Forgot about the broth trick! Thanks for reminding me.

dr k

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 22, 2013
I run at 132 . I seared the last one I did . Helps with the looks for sure . I think the smell of beef in a hot cast iron skillet adds to it .
View attachment 458184 View attachment 458185

Sam , you should try the soup / broth trick I use . Works real good for sandwiches .
Run at the temp you like medium rare . Then have the pot of broth or what ever just warm on the stove . Don't boil . Add her slices to the pot to further cook and take the color to where she likes it .
This was beef knuckle cooked rare then finished with beefy onion soup . I just poured the hot soup on the cold meat .
View attachment 458188 View attachment 458190
That beefy onion soup pkg is a great idea to vac seal with the meat during the cook. Sugar and Spice brand spices that come in like 2oz pkgs that you refill spice bottles with has a dehydrated chopped vegetable pkg I add half the pkg to the packet of onion soup. It's like the dried soup starter without seasoning. The 24+ hour cooks rehydrates it and there the size and tenderness of the dehydrated onion in the soup packet. It can be left in or strained for a vegetable beef broth. Kroger used to have this but got away from the pkg spices but I think I saw pkg spices at Hyvee. I'm out and need to find some.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
dehydrated chopped vegetable pkg I add half the pkg to the packet of onion soup. It's like the dried soup starter
I've been doing the dried soup packs vac'd up , and even a packet of dried ranch and salad peppers for a Mississippi type of roast .
That's a great idea with the dehydrated veg . I have a package for gumbo . No seasoning . I'll have to do a Cajun style .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.