SV Chucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Did Red Lobster with some friends yesterday for our 25th Anniversary. So actual day is going to be a SV Chucky and trimmings.
20181209_102340.jpg Chucky all seasoned up
20181209_103641.jpg Ready for a nice long bath and then a little searing. 20181209_194053.jpg 8hrs in so far.

Yeah, Thats going to be good. I tried to sear mine but it fell apart.

Ok. I did 160 for 30 I think. I need to write this stuff down.

Bear has really researched this topic extensively & has the times & temps for most things SV'd.
Al

Those All look Great guys!! SV is a Great way to do a Chucky!!! Second only to an Eye Round. IMHO
I've pretty much finished my experiments on Chuckies (One ready to post yet).
These are my findings & opinions---I've found the best Temps & Times were:

#1 Temp of anywhere between 131° & 138° (your choice) for 30 hours---Gives you a Chucky that is like a nice big thick Medium Rare Steak. Fork Tender & Tasty.

#2 Temp of 160° to 165° (I prefer 165°) for 30 hours---Gives you some Awesome Pulled or Shredded Beef--Tender & Juicy.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks wonderful! Big like. Now I just need advice on how to convince She Who Must Be Obeyed that I need a SV.

I usually order the item first, then wait for her to read the order confirmation in her E-mail. Sometimes I have to listen to a lecture, then she's happy again.

Looks good. Tender chuck roast that's still red inside. Amazing ain't it.

She loved the taste, but would have liked it done a little more. Darn...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky