• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV Chucky from frozen time

Inscrutable

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I’ve seen some guidance that for shorter cooks to add 50% of the fresh time (or a 1.5 multiplier), but not needing to add any time to the long cooks. Anyone‘s experience with that either way on a chucky?

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
not needing to add any time to the long cooks.
I had the same question , but Bear answered it for me . Maybe an hour , but really not needed . I was also surprised that it didn't drop temp much , and recovered fast when I added the meat .
Good luck , post it up when you do it .

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
I don't even think it's an hour and definitely no need for 1.5x. I think SV is probably faster at defrosting than the microwave.

Inscrutable

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I had the same question , but Bear answered it for me . Maybe an hour , but really not needed . I was also surprised that it didn't drop temp much , and recovered fast when I added the meat .
Good luck , post it up when you do it .
Will do ... Last time I did 131 for 50 hours, and it could have been a bit more tender, so going to bump a smidge, so a bit late to start now ... probably into the hot tub tomorrow for Sunday dinner.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.