SV Chucky from frozen time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
I’ve seen some guidance that for shorter cooks to add 50% of the fresh time (or a 1.5 multiplier), but not needing to add any time to the long cooks. Anyone‘s experience with that either way on a chucky?

not needing to add any time to the long cooks.
I had the same question , but Bear answered it for me . Maybe an hour , but really not needed . I was also surprised that it didn't drop temp much , and recovered fast when I added the meat .
Good luck , post it up when you do it .

Reactions: zwiller
I don't even think it's an hour and definitely no need for 1.5x. I think SV is probably faster at defrosting than the microwave.

Thanks all.
I don't even think it's an hour and definitely no need for 1.5x.
Yes, I was suspicious of that 50% factor ... but figured cooking to temp mitigates anyway
I think SV is probably faster at defrosting than the microwave.
... and no risk of partial/overcooking on the perimeter yet under inside.

Reactions: zwiller
I had the same question , but Bear answered it for me . Maybe an hour , but really not needed . I was also surprised that it didn't drop temp much , and recovered fast when I added the meat .
Good luck , post it up when you do it .
Will do ... Last time I did 131 for 50 hours, and it could have been a bit more tender, so going to bump a smidge, so a bit late to start now ... probably into the hot tub tomorrow for Sunday dinner.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky