SV Accesories

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nutt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fort Collins Colorado
So I need weights,
I went to Ace for SS ball bearings and all they had were chrome plated ones. I have read that the chrome ones will pit/rust and go to pot if used just a few times, if you have used any what has your experience been?

Or is a rack the best way to go(for the big container)?In my mind it would behoove me to have both but the rack takes up space, so this is a negative.
What do you all prefer to use most often??

Thanks in advance!!

I have a rack that I got from the kitchen storage area at Lowes . It's for storing sheet pans , but fits my container . Works great . As far as storage ,,, I store it in the container . So don't take up any more space .

I have a rack and weights... The weights are better I think... you just put them in the bag.... I use the silicone covered weights... Amazon has some... I think they are4 or 5 oz. weights.. they work really good....

I'm too cheap to buy weights, I just toss a plate or bowl on top of the food to keep in down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky