• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV Accesories

nutt

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 19, 2011
So I need weights,
I went to Ace for SS ball bearings and all they had were chrome plated ones. I have read that the chrome ones will pit/rust and go to pot if used just a few times, if you have used any what has your experience been?

Or is a rack the best way to go(for the big container)?In my mind it would behoove me to have both but the rack takes up space, so this is a negative.
What do you all prefer to use most often??

Thanks in advance!!

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I have a rack that I got from the kitchen storage area at Lowes . It's for storing sheet pans , but fits my container . Works great . As far as storage ,,, I store it in the container . So don't take up any more space .

nutt

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 19, 2011
Oh ya that makes total sense! Just keep it in the container :emoji_laughing:
‘Thanks!

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I have a rack and weights... The weights are better I think... you just put them in the bag.... I use the silicone covered weights... Amazon has some... I think they are4 or 5 oz. weights.. they work really good....

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
I'm too cheap to buy weights, I just toss a plate or bowl on top of the food to keep in down.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
If I get all the air out of the bag I have never had a problem with it floating!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.