SUSHI-If you can roll a fattie you can make sushi-STEPS & QVIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you for this great thread, Al! I learned a lot. Of course, I don't know much to begin with!

Disco

Thank you for this great thread, Al! I learned a lot. Of course, I don't know much to begin with!

Disco
Thank you Disco!

I appreciate it very much!

Hope you give these a try!

Al

Looks delicious Al!! Haven't made any in a long time. I think the last time I made rolls I used smoked lox, cream cheese, cucumber and capers. Kinda like a lox bagel in roll form.

Al, great looking sushi and tutorial!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. The wife and I used to eat ALOT of sushi and it got me thinking to buy a bamboo mat to make the rolls.

But I never got around to doing it and we just ended up always buying sushi from Wegman's sushi bar...I'll have to start making my own.

Looks Great Al !!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

Pretty Even!!
icon14.gif

Great Step by Step Too!
icon14.gif

Another thing I'd have to eat by myself though.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear

Last edited:
Thank you for the post, we love sushi and looking forward to using your recipe! Points to you brother!

Al,

How many rolls would I need to make to feed a boat full of hungry fishermen.....and women?     Never attempted to make my own sushi.  Something to add to my bucket list.

Nice  presentation indeed.  Point!

Oh......and do the gloves need to be blue in color?

Last edited:

Al,

How many rolls would I need to make to feed a boat full of hungry fishermen.....and women?     Never attempted to make my own sushi.  Something to add to my bucket list.

Craig You may already know this,the pickled ginger is great to help get someone over being seasick

Richie

Those rolls look delicious Al. I like the tip about oil on your fingers to stop the rice from sticking.

Yes, we even eat sushi in Montana!

Very nice - Points
Thanks John!

Appreciate it!

Al
Looks delicious Al!! Haven't made any in a long time. I think the last time I made rolls I used smoked lox, cream cheese, cucumber and capers. Kinda like a lox bagel in roll form.
Thank you!

There are so many combo's that work, it's pretty hard not to be able to come up with one for everybody!

Al
Al, great looking sushi and tutorial!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. The wife and I used to eat ALOT of sushi and it got me thinking to buy a bamboo mat to make the rolls.

But I never got around to doing it and we just ended up always buying sushi from Wegman's sushi bar...I'll have to start making my own.
Thank you!

We used to buy it all the time too.

But it is really expensive, & very cheap to make yourself.

I admit the first few times I made it, it wasn't too pretty, but it still tasted good!

Al

Looks Great Al !!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

Pretty Even!!
icon14.gif

Great Step by Step Too!
icon14.gif

Another thing I'd have to eat by myself though.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear
Thanks a lot Bear!

I'm sure you could come up with a combo of ingredients that you all would like!

Al

Thank you for the post, we love sushi and looking forward to using your recipe! Points to you brother!
Thanks Jake!

I know you will enjoy it!

Al

Al,

Thanks Craig!

You would be surprised how filling these things are, 6-8 a piece & it's a meal.

And yes the blue gloves are a must!

Al

And yes 

I've really been wanting to try my hand at sushi. I always thought it would be too difficult. You make it look and seem easier than expected. I'm going to have to give it a go now!!!

Year late to comment but I guess since it already got bumped..

Looks fantastic! Nice meal sir! And point for step by step with Q view..
Hope your managing your pain well..
Take care.

Thanks Guys, yes it is really easy to make. The biggest thing to remember is to cut everything very precisely so it’s all the same size and don’t over stuff it. My favorite way is with lox too.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky