Surf and Turf Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
That's right over her on the Left coast we put all kinds of things in our Chili that would make a Southerner cringe!!! The other day my wife and I hosted ten of our family members for a chili feed. I made two types of cornbread and my wife made turkey chili. Yes with beans and tomatoes! We had just enough left over for a couple more bowls. I had planned on making lingcod tacos, but didn't have any tortillas, or makings for tortillas! So on to plan B. Since I had the fish on the bbq I thought why not add the fish to the chili. There you have it Surf and Turf Chili!

ENJOY!!!!

Cornbread Recipe:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/151427/two-batches-of-cast-iron-corn-bread

Fish Prep recipe:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/142491/lingcod-tacos

As strange as the combination sounds, it was actually really tasty! Next time I have left over chili and want to make fish tacos I think that I will pour the chili over the fish in place of the salsa. Oh the wheels are spinning now!

DS I can see the smoke coming from the wheels turning all the way up here in Idaho, very nice good job.

Wow sounds great it very nice to see how much fun you gave with all of this . Keep having fun
Thanks Big Roy! We don't like wasting food, but we also hate boring leftovers!!

DS I can see the smoke coming from the wheels turning all the way up here in Idaho, very nice good job.
Thank DS! I wonder if I could stuff the surf and turf chili into sausage casings???

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky