Super Cold Drink Can (Hydro Can)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Super Cold Drink Can (Hydro Can)

I gotta tell you guys about this thing:
Maybe I’m strange, but for the last 20 years, while working or goofing off, I always have a Drink nearby.
It used to be “Gatorade”, but due to too many calories & too many “Electrolytes” for me, I switched to Lipton Diet Ice Tea. That was about 10 years ago, and I have always been looking for some type of mini-Fridge, just big enough for a Bottle or Can or two, but I finally gave up on that when I found an even better item that works Great for me.
The problems were, like when I was on the road all day for work, my drink would get warm pretty quick.
And at home, I’d have a drink sitting on the end table next to my chair, and it would get warm after an hour or 2.
When I mow my yards, my mower has a drink holder, and it gets warm real fast out in the Sun.
And at night, when I get up 2 or 3 times (prostrate) during the night, I always like to take a littler sip, just to wet my whistle, but after Midnight my drink is already getting warm. Then while searching for Mini-Fridges, I ran into this “Hydro Can”, and I can’t believe how good it works.
With this “Hydro Can”, my drink is nice & cool, and it stays that way ALL NIGHT LONG!! Even in the morning at 6:30 AM my Drink is still cold, after sitting next to the Bed all night. I’m anxious to try it this Summer when I’m mowing, but I’m sure it will keep my drink cold for the 2 hours it takes me to mow, even in the Hot Sun.
My Ice Tea bottles fit in it, as do all regular 12 ounce Beer Cans, and Soda cans. They fit tightly, which is one of the reasons they work so good, and they are double wall Stainless Steel with a Vacuum insulation.
They’re also good to keep hot drinks, like coffee hot for up to 8 hours. However I only use mine for cold drinks.
If I was still drinking coffee, I’d definitely get another one, and use the top with the slide in it, to drink out of.
And you could put a Beer can in one of these, and sit out there with your Smoker & it would stay cold for hours!!
And if I was still drinking a lot of Beer, like I used to, I would definitely be putting my Beers in one of these, especially after the first few cans, when I slow down emptying cans.
All you do is drop the can or bottle in the bottom section. Then push the ring down to the base, Then a little twist of the ring & it locks right down. They also have another lid that you can put on if you want to pour your Drink right into the can, and it has a slide in it to open & drink from.

I’ll add a Link to one of the places you can get one from, and it has all the rest of the info right there.
The one I’m Linking has all the Major League Baseball Team Logos to pick from on the can. Link:

gg-cm-mlb-12oz-dual-use-stainless-steel-hydro-can-with-lid

Here’s some Pics I took for you all to see:

Bear

Inserting a cold bottle into "Hydro-Can" is quick & Easy:
IMG_4610.jpg

Place Bottle in insulated Vacuum Can:
IMG_4611.jpg

Drop Ring on & Hand Tighten Threads:
IMG_4612.jpg

Inserting a Cold Can into Hydro-Can:
IMG_4637.jpg

Place Can into Insulated Vacuum Can:
IMG_4638.jpg

Hand Tighten locking Ring:
IMG_4639.jpg

I have 2 of that type, 1 Yeti and 1 Ozark trail from Wally World. They both do a great job but the edge goes to the Yeti for overnight, and they do indeed work fine for mowing grass with the beverage of your choice, typically I have a can riding in mine and swing by the shop to refill. Mowing grass is a thirsty chore.

I have one of those never used it , because a can won't fit . Now I know you have to take the ring off .
Feeling pretty stupid right now . I also have the Hydro flask bottle . That thing holds ice forever .

• Haha
Reactions: GaryHibbert
These kind of insulated can holders work great when ice fishing at super low outside temps. A can of beer or soda will turn to slush pretty quick, and a can holder can keep a can from getting too cold.

Reactions: Bearcarver
I have a big 32 ox insulated cup that Tracy bought me a couple years ago from Wally World for $12 I believe. I typically start with a couple cold beers in the afternoon, rinse the cup and switch to margaritas. We have a commercial ice maker out in the garage so I;m not bashful with the ice. When I finish my last margarita and set the cup on the counter, it still has ice in it when I get up in the morning. Ut's amazing what different companies have come up with the past few years. I love mine for Summer too when we are outside hanging out in the pool. It'll keep drinks cold for hours, even in the Texas sun...not that mine last that long :emoji_astonished: Thanks for sharing Bear. I might have to get a couple of those for Tracy.

Robert

Enjoy!! those are the best koozie holders ever! got one last year for Christmas or b day.

Then a little twist of the ring & it locks right down. They also have another lid that you can put on if you want to pour your Drink right into the can, and it has a slide in it to open & drink from.

Yup---Yes it does--So stated.

Bear

I have a few of the can holders both Yeti and RTIC and they both work well but the RTIC are much cheaper.
That being said check this out it keeps drinks very cold for many hours and when out on the mower the dust doesn't get in the can. I use that can cooler if in the house and the bottle everywhere else the one I linked will fit into a standard cup holder in a vehicle or in my skid steer. My wife can't stand the city water where she works so puts 3-4 ice cubes and cold water into one of the 16 oz bottles and usually it still has ice in it when she gets home.

I have a few of the can holders both Yeti and RTIC and they both work well but the RTIC are much cheaper.
That being said check this out it keeps drinks very cold for many hours and when out on the mower the dust doesn't get in the can. I use that can cooler if in the house and the bottle everywhere else the one I linked will fit into a standard cup holder in a vehicle or in my skid steer. My wife can't stand the city water where she works so puts 3-4 ice cubes and cold water into one of the 16 oz bottles and usually it still has ice in it when she gets home.

That looks "Cool" Piney---Pun intended.
If I was looking for that type, I'd go for that one.
However I like the one I got, because I can just drop my 16.9 ounce bottle in mine & spin the ring down, and I'm good for many hours. No Ice needed. Been using it since Christmas & hasn't needed washing yet---Drink never touches it---It's just an insulated holder.

Bear

These kind of insulated can holders work great when ice fishing at super low outside temps. A can of beer or soda will turn to slush pretty quick, and a can holder can keep a can from getting too cold.

Yup---Exactly!!
This one would be great for that.
Empty one can or bottle, unscrew ring, pull empty out, drop a full one in, Spin Ring down.
Resume Drinking. No playing with ice, no regular washing needed, no pouring from can to can, and no spilling.
All for about $20.

Bear

i got these ones free in a beer case, i keep them in the freezer.
i don't who makes them. knock offs but they work ok

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 2
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky