Throwdown Super Bowl Throwdown!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas! As some of you already know that myself DougE DougE and gmc2003 gmc2003 have taken over the throwdowns. So here's the first one with what I hope are many to come!

The theme of this throwdown is "Superbowl Snacks, Apps, and Finger Foods"

superbowl-snacks (1).jpg

This can be anything you chow down on for the big game. Wings, ribs, sliders, dips, appetizers, charcuterie boards or snacks. The sky is the limit as I know the creativity that lives on this forum.

THERE MUST BE A SMOKED OR GRILLED ELEMENT TO YOUR ENTRY!

Codeword for the throwdown is SUPER BOWL

You don't have to watch the game to participate but you do have to get those entries in by February 20, 2023 by midnight.

All entries must be sent to DougE DougE if you send them to me or gmc2003 gmc2003 or any mods or admins you will be disqualified. This will keep the voting honest when it comes to throwdown committee vote. Since DougE DougE will receive submissions he will not be allowed to vote in either categories.

Here is a link to the rules:

Please don't enter any keywords in your description that can make you stand out for the forum or judges

Prize for the winner of the Throwdown committee vote will be winners choice of a box from ManCrates up to $80 (This will include a vote from me, gmc2003 gmc2003 , 2 forum members and an admin.....total 5)

Prize for the winner of the forum poll vote will be 2 racks of Certified Piedmontese Beef ribs and 8 bottles of custom rubs provided by our generous sponsor tx smoker tx smoker
001.jpg

Runner up for the forum vote is an Amazen gift pack donated by Steve H Steve H contents include a 12in smoking tube, 2-2lb bags of pellets and a bottle of gel starter
amazen.jpg

We are all really excited to put on some amazing throwdowns for y'all! This is for everyone so if you think you aren't good enough or have never entered before now is the time. The better the turnout, the better AND MORE prizes we can provide in the future.

LETS HAVE FUN WITH THIS FOLKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL! AND DONT FORGET TO ADD THE KEY WORD "SUPER BOWL" TO YOUR PIC!

Last edited:
Prize for the winner of the forum poll vote will be 2 racks of Certified Piedmontese Beef ribs and 8 bottles of custom rubs provided by our generous sponsor tx smoker tx smoker
Appreciate the shout out Jake.The ribs are actually beef chuck short ribs...aka Dino ribs. They are shipping to me today and will be here Thursday. I'll keep the two racks in the cryovac they come in and not freeze them. They will be shipped fresh to the winner. A couple pics:
001.jpg

020.jpg

As much as I love the Throwdowns and have been looking forward to getting involved with them, I believe it'd be best for me to not participate since I'm trying to support the event with a donation. Although it's very unlikely that I'd even place in the contest, if I were to do so it may put the staff in a bad light. My participation is not worth the possibility of casting a shadow over the event. Y'all have a blast and believe me, I'll be watching from the sidelines. Great job Jake, Chris, and Doug. Hopefully we will see dramatically increased participation and y'all turn this into an amazing time for everybody. got my fingers X'ed for you.

Robert

Appreciate the shout out Jake.The ribs are actually beef chuck short ribs...aka Dino ribs. They are shipping to me today and will be here Thursday. I'll keep the two racks in the cryovac they come in and not freeze them. They will be shipped fresh to the winner. A couple pics:
View attachment 655680
View attachment 655681

As much as I love the Throwdowns and have been looking forward to getting involved with them, I believe it'd be best for me to not participate since I'm trying to support the event with a donation. Although it's very unlikely that I'd even place in the contest, if I were to do so it may put the staff in a bad light. My participation is not worth the possibility of casting a shadow over the event. Y'all have a blast and believe me, I'll be watching from the sidelines. Great job Jake, Chris, and Doug. Hopefully we will see dramatically increased participation and y'all turn this into an amazing time for everybody. got my fingers X'ed for you.

Robert
Very generous of you Robert. The winner is getting a real prize!

Dave

Very generous of you Robert. The winner is getting a real prize!
Thanks very much Dave but on the surface it appears to be a lot more than it really is. As much as I like to support the forum and try to give a little back for all I've gained, my sales manager at CPB also likes to support the forum. I won't go into details but suffice it to say, he took care of me on this order knowing I was offering these up as a prize :emoji_wink: I'ts more of a gesture than anything else....but somebody is gonna get some mighty good ribs!!

Robert

Thanks very much Dave but on the surface it appears to be a lot more than it really is. As much as I like to support the forum and try to give a little back for all I've gained, my sales manager at CPB also likes to support the forum. I won't go into details but suffice it to say, he took care of me on this order knowing I was offering these up as a prize :emoji_wink: I'ts more of a gesture than anything else....but somebody is gonna get some mighty good ribs!!

Robert
Man I've had their beef. This is a true prize!

Jim

Robert, I can't speak for the other members of the forum, but I wouldn't have an issue with you participating in the throw down if you wanted. It's supposed to be a fun event and the more entries the merrier. It's not like your judging the competition.

Chris

First I'd like to thank TNJAKE TNJAKE , DougE DougE , and gmc2003 gmc2003 for their willingness to take the reins of these throwdowns, I'm sure it is quite a task.

Second, many thanks to Robert tx smoker tx smoker and Steve Steve H Steve H for their extremely generous gifts to the winner's pots.

Of course a BIG THANKS to Jeff TulsaJeff TulsaJeff for allowing this.

I am anxiously waiting to see what the many talented cooks on here come up with, should be fun...:emoji_grinning:

Last edited:
It's going to be fun to watch this one. Great gifts as well. I'm going to just watch and learn on this one, but good luck to those that participate.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Fantastic

Very good for you guys Jake TNJAKE TNJAKE , Doug DougE DougE and Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 to handle this, for all us to enjoy.
And to give Brian bmudd14474 bmudd14474 time for other things , but thanks to Brian for all he did on the last 5 Throwdowns I entered since I joined up here

I hope it brings out lots of folks to join in, as there is quite an assortment to enter with ( but still smoked or grilled :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_thumbsup: )

and for the prizes and the Forum members Steve Steve H Steve H and Robert tx smoker tx smoker to pitch in , my hat is off to you guys. Very Nice

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky