Super Bowl Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tander28

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Kansas
Been dying to get something in the smoker the last few weeks, and haven't been able to for various reasons. So despite not having any guests coming over, I decided to smoke a brisket and pork butt. Forgot to get the before pics, but was pretty happy with the end product.

Brisket - seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow. Smoked on my Camp Chef with competition blend pellets. Wasn't as good as my first, but still pretty tender and very tasty. Sliced the flat and cubed the point for burnt ends, back in the smoker with more seasoning and some Sweet Baby Ray's.

Pork Butt - seasoned with Meat Church Holy Gospel, Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot. Injected with apple cider. Turned out delicious, but not exactly a hard cut to get right. Pulled the whole thing and added back some of the drippings and extra seasoning.

Enjoyed a few beverages while I was at it too. A successful Super Bowl weekend in my book, and plenty of leftovers!
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1009.JPG

Last edited:
Nice Looking Spread Should have watched the Game with you !!

Gary

Damn that looks good. You got a hell of a smoke ring on that brisket! Nice cook all around!
Thanks! Glad to have a like from a fellow Vol. I've noticed my new Camp Chef is a major upgrade from my MES30 in the smoke ring department, but I do think it's a dryer overall environment. Time to experiment with a water pan in different places/sizes I'd say.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky