• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sunny and 70. Beautiful day for some Pastrami and CB. And Pictures too.

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
That is some great looking Que there...back to back killer meals...thanks for the views,
 now i'm starving..

irie

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 11, 2010
wow.... everything looks amazing! I need to give pastrami a shot now.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for the great compliments. Now go make some pastrami. You won't regret it.

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Scott, sorry I am getting in to this post late but things been a little hectic up here.  Man all of that meat looks absolutely fantastic Scott!  I could have done a fine number on a big chunk of that pastrami and about half that Canadian Bacon both.  Just give me a knife and fork and go hide and watch me!  I really like the way you did the Q-View giving all the instructions and recipes as you went, heck, I think I could do both of those now!  Absolutely delicious Scott.  Keep up the good work and the Q-View.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Thanks Barry. I believe that every person on here is quite capable of making anything on a smoker. No matter what you choose to make there will be a thread somewhere about it or a member more than willing to help out. Heck. I didn't know anything about smoked meat except that I liked it before I found this place.

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 14, 2010
Man, that is just a slice of heaven right there!  Nice work!!!

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Last nights supper. Made a sammie with the pastrami on the side. The fried pastrami was killer.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Last nights supper. Made a sammie with the pastrami on the side. The fried pastrami was killer.
Now I'm hungry again, Scott! -----Looks GREAT !

Funny how so many things (bolognas, strami, etc), we smoke, can even be better fried up at a later date!

I wish someone would explain something I noticed.

That last batch of 9 pounds of "Bear Log" I made, I added some heat to it (1 TBS of each--Cayenne, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper flakes).

Now when I slice it at about 3/8" thick, and eat it cold, it takes about 3 slices for me to notice any heat,

but when I fry it very lightly, I notice the spice heat in the first bite, and it's just right (for me anyway).

Any spice geniuses out there have a reason for that?

Thanks,

Bear

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
When the spices are heated they release their essential oils. I guess they are muted a bit when refrigerated.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Saturday night dinner at home. 6th day of the pastrami. Sliced real nice.

Steaming it.

The fixins.

Ready for grillin.

Melted Swiss.

Pastrami, Swiss and Grey Poupon. But of course.

The plate is ready. Bush's Bourbon and brown sugar beans tuned up with some onion, Sweet Baby Ray's and bacon on the side.

The plate after.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man o man that's what I'm talking about! Your killing me with all this Qview! Excellante!!!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome 'Strami !

Great looking Sammy!!!!

Super plate of food!!!!

Hey, you're not at a fancy restaurant----Get that tongue out & clean that plate!!!

Maybe that's just me.   Mr's Bear thinks I'm a Pig!  

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.