Sunny and 70. Beautiful day for some Pastrami and CB. And Pictures too.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is some great looking Que there...back to back killer meals...thanks for the views,
Looks-Great.gif
 now i'm starving..

Scott, sorry I am getting in to this post late but things been a little hectic up here.  Man all of that meat looks absolutely fantastic Scott!  I could have done a fine number on a big chunk of that pastrami and about half that Canadian Bacon both.  Just give me a knife and fork and go hide and watch me!  I really like the way you did the Q-View giving all the instructions and recipes as you went, heck, I think I could do both of those now!  Absolutely delicious Scott.  Keep up the good work and the Q-View.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Thanks Barry. I believe that every person on here is quite capable of making anything on a smoker. No matter what you choose to make there will be a thread somewhere about it or a member more than willing to help out. Heck. I didn't know anything about smoked meat except that I liked it before I found this place.

Last nights supper. Made a sammie with the pastrami on the side. The fried pastrami was killer.
Now I'm hungry again, Scott! -----Looks GREAT !

Funny how so many things (bolognas, strami, etc), we smoke, can even be better fried up at a later date!

I wish someone would explain something I noticed.

That last batch of 9 pounds of "Bear Log" I made, I added some heat to it (1 TBS of each--Cayenne, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper flakes).

Now when I slice it at about 3/8" thick, and eat it cold, it takes about 3 slices for me to notice any heat,

but when I fry it very lightly, I notice the spice heat in the first bite, and it's just right (for me anyway).

Any spice geniuses out there have a reason for that?

Thanks,

Bear

Saturday night dinner at home. 6th day of the pastrami. Sliced real nice.

ba7dbeec_IMG_0564.jpg

Steaming it.

20a01e0b_IMG_0565.jpg

The fixins.

c288f03a_IMG_0568.jpg

Ready for grillin.

0d3628c1_IMG_0569.jpg

Melted Swiss.

2413da1c_IMG_0570.jpg

Pastrami, Swiss and Grey Poupon. But of course.

2b305207_IMG_0571.jpg

The plate is ready. Bush's Bourbon and brown sugar beans tuned up with some onion, Sweet Baby Ray's and bacon on the side.

29c6edae_IMG_0572.jpg

The plate after.

eba52840_IMG_0573.jpg

Awesome 'Strami !

Great looking Sammy!!!!

Super plate of food!!!!

Hey, you're not at a fancy restaurant----Get that tongue out & clean that plate!!!

Maybe that's just me.   Mr's Bear thinks I'm a Pig!  
wife.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky