• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sunday Morning Ribs

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 30, 2008
Well I was able to get the LSG across town and into the garage at the house where I will be for the foreseeable future ( taking care of Mom). I got this monster seasoned last week so I figured I would throw 6 racks of St Louis cut spares on... Got some charcoal going before the sun came up. Takes about an hour for this tank to get to temp.. Here are some starting pictures.. More to come.

Ribs are ready to go in. Rubbed with meat church Honey Hog and some Cherry rub..
rib1.jpg

Sun is coming up while I wait for the temp to get to 225...
rib2.jpg

The rubs.....
rib3.jpg

Almost ready to load it up..

rib4.jpg

And in they go.. Probably could have squeezed all 6 racks on to 1 smoker rack. Decided there wasn't a shortage of space, so I spread the out a little..

rib5.jpg

More later.....

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I could really go for some ribs now, but none in the freezer & nothing on sale, so it’s chicken pot pie for us tonight!
Al

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Nice lookin ribs and smoker, looks new , waiting for that peeking of the bones in a few hours
David

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
The sunrise picture is what it's all about. Start of a beautiful day and great rib adventure. Since you have some space, how about adding some mac & cheese or a head of cabbage to smoke along with the ribs? 🍻

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Yes that is a beast and the ribs look great.
Shouldn't there be a pan of beans replacing one of those drip pans?
:-)

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Ribs look great but man, I'm loving that smoker. Might have to look into adding one of those to the arsenal at some point.

Robert

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.