Suggestions on beef cheeks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thsmormonsmokes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Lindon, UT
IMG_1141.jpg

Two questions. First, was this as good of a deal as I thought it was? Seems like a pretty good price, especially right now.

Second, any special suggestions on cooking them? I was figuring on smoking them at 225 with SP&G on my WSM with oak, just like I'd do with beef short ribs. Or would I be better off just braising them?

I've had pork cheeks that blew my socks off, but I don't know anything about beef cheeks, so I'll take any input I can get.

One of my favorites, thats a damn good price. They are so rich and flavoursome I grab them everytime I see them.

As Tnjsnake says, smoke and Braise. Internal 150F, cover and add some beer or something, you will know when they are ready, they go like jelly (Around 200F +)

This is how I did mine last time:

Reactions: TNJAKE
I pre-trim, (others will trim after smoking), then smoke for 4 or 5 hours, then move into a double layer of foil with a bed of sliced onions. I add some beefy juice before sealing the pouch, then return to the cooker and cook until they are very tender. Here are the finished cheeks, if I make barabacoa I use the foil drippings and the onion.
9Ib7DqN.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky