Suggestion for pheasant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smoked Pheasant? I came from pheasant country, and I've never smoked one. I just can't imagine it any other way than oven baked with wild rice stuffing. Sorry I can't help. I'd say you better brine it though as pheasant has a tendency to dry out fast.

I have done several for one of the boys at work.He brings me breasted with out skin.I brine em for about 3 hours and then rinse and dry.Then give em some rub and wrap them in thick cut bacon and some more rud smoke at around 200*.I took them to 165* nd foiled and coolered.I also sprayed with apple juice 2 times an hour.Did it 3 or 4 times now and are great.

No he has not brought it over yet. He is putting in a wood floor for me and we are waiting for the trim to be delivered first. I think I should have the pheasant by next week

Thanks for asking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky