Suggestion for pheasant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smoked Pheasant? I came from pheasant country, and I've never smoked one. I just can't imagine it any other way than oven baked with wild rice stuffing. Sorry I can't help. I'd say you better brine it though as pheasant has a tendency to dry out fast.

I have done several for one of the boys at work.He brings me breasted with out skin.I brine em for about 3 hours and then rinse and dry.Then give em some rub and wrap them in thick cut bacon and some more rud smoke at around 200*.I took them to 165* nd foiled and coolered.I also sprayed with apple juice 2 times an hour.Did it 3 or 4 times now and are great.

No he has not brought it over yet. He is putting in a wood floor for me and we are waiting for the trim to be delivered first. I think I should have the pheasant by next week

Thanks for asking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky