suddenly an idea struck me. ;nobody on this island is making southern smoked BBQ, "IF U BUILD IT THE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq in indo

Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
Bali, Indonesia.
hey vetran smokers.\

My name is Bryan and i was born and raised in the heart land. Norman Oklahoma. so let me firts says this, BOOMER SOONER. if i knew how to do all those little type characters i would do one here of a hand doing upside down horns! realy goso od southern BBQ has always been one of my favorite foods. but im not much of a cook and never took it any farther than that. i have been living over seas in indonesia for the last ten years and a recent trip home i was a BBQ glutin.i have a lot of expat friends and we really want to get a pit going over here. theres just none to be had! so knowing nothing about BBQ and being in a strange country and that we will face challanges of not having normal ingreadants, no acces to your normal woods used, and no propane gas, only low preassure gas. lpg as they call it. we have set out to build a pretty serious mid sized smoke pit. trailor mounted. we can take the thing wherever we want and have long weekends of cold bear, drifting smoke, and dripping BBQ sauce. posting this forum and finding this site is the first thing i have done! Loved the pics and threads and compared to some other sites i looked at this one seemed like the coolest most imformative easy to use forum. so hear i am declary my negligancy and hoping to learn from u great seasoned ones! out time line is withing the next year so the time frame is pretty relaxed. im so open to any advice or questions or just a friendly good luck. we have even considering just saying to hell with it. lets find a chilled out adventurus guy who's just slaying it on the BBQ circut. Maybe he needs a holiday? shoot, we will just Fly him out here and put him up in a nice little villa, show him the sceen maybe push him into a few waves, he would be stoked right? he gets a free vacation in exchange for for a bit of work helping us build up a really plush smoker, and expiramenting with it a bit to find the right recipe, and right woods. and just generally showing us how its done! why do somehting have way right! if it all works out could even drop the thing in a resteraunt somewhere. hell i dont want to run it though, maybe if the guy was really loving it here he could stay on and get his fingers in on it.... just ranting a bit here but thats the best way to get it all out there! #BALI#BEACHES#BEERS#BABES#BBQ! not a bad idea right? so good i amost wonder if we should be telling you ;) "but hey if u want to try it don't let me stop u. it took me 10 years living here and 6 of them managing charter boats before i even feel like i have first the language, second the abblity to not get completely ripped off for every penny u got. ive got the system down and know all the right people to avoid such things and keep the Right hands greased :) whew ok. thanks for your time. i am a bit of a joker and most important to me is that we try to have a good, relaxed fun time. hope for your feedback!!

P.S. actually pretty serious about the offer to bring someone over. Any one who is Seriously a good smoker and seriously interested. please contact me here. or follow my threads until i can find out the rules here about putting my email address in a thread. like seriously, so seriously

Regards, Bryan

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  If I were young single and carefree you would have found your man.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Sounds like fun . . . just for S&G's ,  how about a Fat Old Guy , that loves good Que and is good at what he does
icon_question.gif
 Look at my Q-view in my Profile
biggrin.gif

I could become a Beach Comber and know I can Cook , so , I'm in . . .
biggrin.gif

Have fun and . . .

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. feel like the snowballs growing already! looking fowrard to learning and sharing! everyone who is interested please be patient with me as i do spend a lot of time at sea with no internet access. and realisticly the time to really make a move to start it up will be towards the end of the year.i agree Patience is one of the greatest virtues. espacally here. rubber time the locals call it ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky