Substitute For Camp Chef Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lol!

I am still partial to the B&B brand that walmart carries, which is BBQr's Delight rebranded. The apple is a mix of apple and oak, but the hickory is 100%. I find they have better flavor than camp chef, pit boss, traeger etc. and are pretty reasonably priced at 11-12 dollars for 20lbs. I have yet to try Lumberjacks though, the closest I can get a group shipment is almost an hour away.

@yahoot I will have to look for omalleys, I'm in south central PA, so thanks!

I've never used B&B, but as far as I know, BBQ Delight does not sell 100% hickory in the large bag. According to their website, all of the pellet grill fuel is blended with oak.

Just got a Woodwind so haven't tried many pellet brands yet. For anyone that likes the Camp Chef pellets you can get them for $12.99 for 20 lbs online at Sportsmen's Warehouse https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com...t-Grill-Accessories/prod99999032024/cat130908

I think when using the amazing pellet tray lots of air flow is the biggest factor. in it staying lighted.

I agree with that. I finally made the mailbox mod for my MES 30 and mounted a computer fan on the door of the mailbox. Wired it up with a small rheostat. Doesn't take much. I had to go with a lower flow fan than I first put in. Too much air and it just flames instead of smokes. Before that I was also having to microwave them to get them to stay lit in the MES.

If I owned a pellet grill I think I would buy he cheapest pellets I could for the FUEL aspect of it and I would run an A-Maze-N tube with Lumberjack 100% wood pellets like I do with my AMNPS Tray.

Yeah I have quite a few bags of 100% pellets BUT they are so good and I love making my own blends and knowing it is exactly what I want. The flavors can't be beat!

I have a gmg pellet grill, and a Cascade Smoker custom unit with a pellet burner. Right now I am burning GMG Texas blend in both and am happy with the results. I also have a tube smoker that I put into the big unit when I want more smoke flavor.

Dick's sporting goods has the Camp Chef pellets for $12.99 a bag (various kinds). They usually have coupons and offer free shipping over $50, this is where I get mine delivered right to my front door!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky