Stuffed Smoked Meatloaf Roll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnbphotos

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Lowell, MI
Here's one of my favorite meals :)

2 lbs hamburger
1 cup chicken stuffing
1/2 pack Lipton onion soup mix
1 egg
1 Tbs salt
1 Tbs pepper

*Mix the above ingredients in a bowl

1 chopped onion
1/2 chopped green pepper
3 fresh cloves of garlic diced
1 Tbs teriyaki
1 Tbs Worchestershire
1 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil

**Saute the above ingredients then let cool before mixing with the hamburger mixture.

Once mixed, spread out the hamburger on a sheet of tin foil about 1/2" thick in a rectangle. Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded cheese then roll up and seal the ends. Then sprinkle dry rub over the entire meatloaf.

I then take and throw it on the grill (using either hickory, mesquite or oak) and sear all sides then moved it off to the side away from wood coals to let more smokey flavor sink in (approx 30min).

(due to the 24 degree temps here in Michigan I did the following)

Removed from smoker, wrapped in foil then baked at 300 for approx 1 hr or until you have an internal temp of 160 deg.

Removed from oven, cut and served :)

6a201459_meatloaf1.jpg

Reactions: meateater
icon_cool.gif

Now don't we call that a fattie just with some spices and stuff in the meat then jut roll it up???? Now don't get me wrong your idea is really a good one and I would have never thought of it. I really like yours thou.

Reactions: johnbphotos
The cool thing about this is you can stuff it with whatever you want. I had cheese topped meatloaf one time but found that once i got past the cheese on top it was all gone, that's when I decided to spread the burger mixture out and roll the cheese up in it. The rest is history LOL :)

Someone suggested using bacon and mushrooms in the sauted mixture so I may try that next time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky