STUFFED SHRIMP AND CHEESE GRITS (BBQ STYLE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks dirtsailor! I dont know why ive waited so long to make them myself! I'll be making more for sure!
If you do get into making them more often this is a great brand to use:

Our friends who live in Alabama and make multiple batches of grits per week turned us on to them. I like doing the blue grits when we have guests for the wow factor.

If you do get into making them more often this is a great brand to use:

Our friends who live in Alabama and make multiple batches of grits per week turned us on to them. I like doing the blue grits when we have guests for the wow factor.
I'll definitely check them out! Thanks! Those blue grits would definitely add a wow factor!

Beautiful plate Travis!! Anything with Aged White cheddar is awesome to me, throw in shrimp and sausage and man heck yes.

Beautiful plate Travis!! Anything with Aged White cheddar is awesome to me, throw in shrimp and sausage and man heck yes.
Thanks Jeff! I agree aged cheddar is great stuff!

That is a keeper my friend. Shrimp and Grits of ANYKIND are always welcomed here in my home in SC and that looks outstanding, and easy to make as well. If you have fussy friends and they ask what you are serving, tell them Open Flame Pit Style Stuffed Prawns over a Bed of Cheese Polenta accented with Homemade Smoked Whole Meat Sausages. BTW - if you are charging for it, Polenta being a $5.00/lb bag of $1.50/lb bag of Grits, you just increased the price at least 30-40%.🙄

it looks real good nice meal there. I got a question, What is grits actually. Is it similar to Cream of Wheat. sorry I'm from Jersey here so please enlighten me. I have heard of them for years,

Last edited:
it looks real good nice meal there. I got a question, What is grits actually. Is it similar to Cream of Wheat. sorry I'm from Jersey here so please enlighten me. I have heard of them for years,
Thanks jersey! No problem...im from Ohio and we dont se it much around here either. The texture is more like steel cut oats. If I'm not mistaken its homony with the skins removed and then stone ground.....simalar taste to corn meal.

Thanks jersey! No problem...im from Ohio and we dont se it much around here either. The texture is more like steel cut oats. If I'm not mistaken its homony with the skins removed and then stone ground.....simalar taste to corn meal.
Guess you can teach an old dog something new. Will have to try some and see what they taste like.

Reactions: Sowsage
Wow! That meal ranks up there with deviled eggs for the amount of prep work needed for the delicious finish. Very nice! Big like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky