STUFFED SHRIMP AND CHEESE GRITS (BBQ STYLE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Shrimp and grits is something ive always enjoyed but never made it myself. After searching the net ive noticed a lot of variations on the dish so figured I'd just make it my own.

Started out with some super colossal shrimp. Butterflied and stuffed with jalapeno cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. For the bacon I used some of the pre cooked stuff .
0117211656.jpg
0117211702.jpg
0117211720.jpg

Placed them on a rack and dusted them with some BBQ rub. I used wannarub this time
0117211803.jpg

I set the kettle up for indirect heat. Put on a couple chunks of smoked sausage first.
0117212027.jpg

Shrimp is on. Only takes a few minuts for these.
0117212042_HDR.jpg

The last few minutes I brushed on tome tiger sauce for a glaze. Then took them off the smoker. Total time was about 15min.
0117212100.jpg

Made up some cheesy grits. I used a aged white cheddar that I picked up at Aldi the other day.
0117211735.jpg

Then plated up. Grits down first...then some of the sausage cut up and the stuffed shrimp. It then got another dusting of rub and a drizzle of tiger sauce. Last some chives to garnish.
0117212124a.jpg

And a close up view!
0117212123b~2.jpg

Wow Travis! Definitely worth the wait. Looks delicious. Excellent idea and really nice work.

Looks fabulous Travis! I think you went on a trip to flavortown! Never had grits before

Ryan

Fantastic looking dish here! I have a hard time with grits because of the texture. I would dive right into this though.

Travis, that looks absolutely amazing. Just a beautiful plate of food, unlike any I've ever seen even at a high end restaurant. Excellent work buddy!!

Robert

I've never seen pre-cooked bacon Travis, and never had grits. That being said I'd sure love to gobble down a dozen of those babies, looks delicious, Like! RAY

Wow Travis! Definitely worth the wait. Looks delicious. Excellent idea and really nice work.
Thanks! It was really good!
Not even a seafood guy and those even look good to me!
Thanks!
Dude, I love shrimp and grits. And yours is just over the top.
Jim
Thanks Jim! It was awesome! I'll be doing it again for sure!
Oh yeah gotta try this now. Looks great !!
Thanks! definitely worth giving a try! We loved it!

Looks fabulous Travis! I think you went on a trip to flavortown! Never had grits before

Ryan
Thanks Ryan ! It was definatly flavor town!
Fantastic looking dish here! I have a hard time with grits because of the texture. I would dive right into this though.
Thanks Texas Cookin!
Looks awesome man! I’m with Ryan, never had grits... may need to change that!
Thanks!
Travis, that looks absolutely amazing. Just a beautiful plate of food, unlike any I've ever seen even at a high end restaurant. Excellent work buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert ! I would for sure order this at a restaurant..the flavors were awesome!

Awesome Travis. I would gobble that up.
Thanks Brian ! It didnt last long! Really good stuff!
I've never seen pre-cooked bacon Travis, and never had grits. That being said I'd sure love to gobble down a dozen of those babies, looks delicious, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY! Those stuffed shrimp were great!
Poor fellas never had grits are missing out. Must be across the Mason-Dixon Line. They are a breakfast staple down here !
dont see them much around here. Not sure why ....

I've never seen pre-cooked bacon Travis,
Yep....not completely cooked to crisp but into the microwave for a few seconds and its done... I swore I would never buy any but seemed like a good short cut on this cook and worked out good. The shrimp cooks so fast that the bacon would never get cooked unless you pre cook it some first.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky