STUFFED SHRIMP AND CHEESE GRITS (BBQ STYLE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Shrimp and grits is something ive always enjoyed but never made it myself. After searching the net ive noticed a lot of variations on the dish so figured I'd just make it my own.

Started out with some super colossal shrimp. Butterflied and stuffed with jalapeno cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. For the bacon I used some of the pre cooked stuff .View attachment 480835View attachment 480836View attachment 480837

Placed them on a rack and dusted them with some BBQ rub. I used wannarub this time
View attachment 480839

I set the kettle up for indirect heat. Put on a couple chunks of smoked sausage first.View attachment 480840

Shrimp is on. Only takes a few minuts for these.
View attachment 480841

The last few minutes I brushed on tome tiger sauce for a glaze. Then took them off the smoker. Total time was about 15min.View attachment 480842

Made up some cheesy grits. I used a aged white cheddar that I picked up at Aldi the other day.View attachment 480838

Then plated up. Grits down first...then some of the sausage cut up and the stuffed shrimp. It then got another dusting of rub and a drizzle of tiger sauce. Last some chives to garnish.
View attachment 480843

And a close up view!
View attachment 480844
Jesus take the wheel.....my goodnes, that looks amazing! I LOVE shrimp & grits, gonna make this one for sure.

Damn Travis. Now that looks freaking phenomenal! Also a big fan of Aldi products.
Thanks cowboy! Aldi has a lot of stuff I cant find anywhere else. Great selection of cheeses and one of the only places here that I'm guaranteed to find lamb.
Jesus take the wheel.....my goodnes, that looks amazing! I LOVE shrimp & grits, gonna make this one for sure.
Thanks clubmanager! Let me know how it was if you make it!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Thanks cowboy! Aldi has a lot of stuff I cant find anywhere else. Great selection of cheeses and one of the only places here that I'm guaranteed to find lamb.
Thanks clubmanager! Let me know how it was if you make it!

Making this tonight for the family. One question, did you smoke this or grill? I think you mentioned indirect heat? I may just grill it in my smoker using real charcoal and some wood chips....but if y’all think that’s crazy, I’m open to suggestions. Really looking forward this this!

Shrimp and grits is something ive always enjoyed but never made it myself. After searching the net ive noticed a lot of variations on the dish so figured I'd just make it my own.

Made up some cheesy grits. I used a aged white cheddar that I picked up at Aldi the other day.

I've seen so many cheesy grit recipes. Would you mind sharing your tried and true recipe? That looks fabulous!!!

I've seen so many cheesy grit recipes. Would you mind sharing your tried and true recipe? That looks fabulous!!!
Absolutely.... I'm going to share the link that I base mine off of.
Recipe calls for 4oz of sharp cheddar...i use 6oz
It also calls for 2Tbls of heavy cream...i use 1/3 cup...i like them creamy and this seems to work well.
Here is the link.

Absolutely.... I'm going to share the link that I base mine off of.
Recipe calls for 4oz of sharp cheddar...i use 6oz
It also calls for 2Tbls of heavy cream...i use 1/3 cup...i like them creamy and this seems to work well.
Here is the link.
You rock, Sowsage!!! THANK YOU!!

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky