Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This recipe has become a staple in our home. Rub over night and 3.5hrs at 240deg brings the IT to 153--- I take it out and cover with foil and into a cooler for 45min. Slice with electric fillet knife and the juices come flowing out. Crazy Awesome Recipe.
That's Great, Heymirth!!

Glad you're enjoying it !!

Bear

It won't be me Bear I'll wait until you pave the way and as usual I'll copy.

"If you follow the master it is rare to falter"

Cheers from Down Under.
LOL---You're too Kind!!

Thanks Buddy!!

Bear

Great looking smoke Bear.

Think I'm going to give it a shot this weekend using fresh peaches (Porter, OK Peach Festival is this week) instead of the apples.

Great looking smoke Bear.

Think I'm going to give it a shot this weekend using fresh peaches (Porter, OK Peach Festival is this week) instead of the apples.
Thank You Ryan!!!

Sounds Great---I love Peaches!!!
drool.gif

Bear

So, Bear inspired me to give this a try on Sunday, never stuffed a loin before, but turned out cutting it wasn't has stressful as I feared.

Instead of canned pie filling, I happened to have a few apples in the fridge, and I've got one of those peeler, corer, slicer things that makes quick work of apples, so a few minutes later, tossed in some cinnamon and brown sugar and onto the loin.

Turns out butcher twine is hard to find, but I'd read you could use any uncolored 100% cotton thread, so here we are wrapped, rubbed and ready for some smoke in the vertical gasser at 225 over what else, apple wood.

Almost 3 hours later, pulled at 144 IT

Let it rest on the counter wrapped in foil and towels for about 25 minutes as I finished up some sides, then sliced.

And plated with some sweet taters, stuffing and green beans, Yum! Turned out great, plan on having leftovers Tuesday vac-sealed and warmed up in a water bath.

Thanks for the great step by step Bear!

So, Bear inspired me to give this a try on Sunday, never stuffed a loin before, but turned out cutting it wasn't has stressful as I feared.

And plated with some sweet taters, stuffing and green beans, Yum! Turned out great, plan on having leftovers Tuesday vac-sealed and warmed up in a water bath.

Thanks for the great step by step Bear!
Looks Great !!
drool.gif

Nice Job---Glad you like it.

Bear

Looks great.  I've always wrapped mine in bacon but your glaze looks very appetizing. 
Thank You Sir!!

I don't like to wrap Bacon around my Stuffed Loins. That way the outside of the Bacon gets smoked again, and it blocks much of the smoke & some of the flavor from the Pork Loin.

If I want Bacon, I'll fry some Bacon & serve it on the plate next to my Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin. That way everything tastes Smoky & Great.
drool.gif

Bear

My smoker is packed up so my wife did one of these in the oven the other day.  It came out completely dry, even though it was foiled for most of the cook.  Not sure.....  Smoker all the way!

Last edited:

My smoker is packed up so my wife did one of these in the oven the other day.  It came out completely dry, even though it was foiled for most of the cook.  Not sure.....  Smoker all the way!
I never did one of these in the oven----Only Smoker.

However the biggest mistake made would be to take the IT up too high. I try to get them out between 145° and 150°.

Bear

Yep, Bear is right, I think most people have a tendency to overcook Pork  Pork loins are pretty lean and it doesn't take long for them to dry out.

Gary

Yeah I think it dried out at the end.  She took it to 160F, but the cooking temp was high, so it probably overran.  Cant wait to break out my smoker in the spring again!

Hey John.  It was this original post that inspired me to do stuffed tenderloins--a lot more finicky that loin, but we do love tenderloin.  The great thing about it is that there is no limit to what fruit you can stuff them with.  Apple the first time and peach/mango this last time.

points.gif

Thanks again.

Gary

Last edited:
Hey Gary, I saw yours , remembered Bears and came back to take another look

Gary

Thank You Gary & Gary!!!

I Appreciate the Compliments!

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Did another one of these yesterday, pretty much following the previous steps, except I use my apple corer/peeler/slicer thingy and mix up my own filling with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Forgot to take a pic of the slicing and stuffing stage.

After I laid the rolled loin on the que mat I figured, "Why mess with butchers twine?" (Which I was out of anyway), so I just rolled the thing up in the que mat.

And voila, 3.5 hours smoke over apple wood to an IT of 145.

Took it out of the rolled que mat and it held its shape just fine.

No more butcher twine for me!

Simple plate of mashers, green beans and the loin.

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks great, We do one very similar. Open it up and we do an apple stuffing (based on turkey stuffing) and the smoke /BBQ It is a huge family favorite as well. 

Did another one of these yesterday, pretty much following the previous steps, except I use my apple corer/peeler/slicer thingy and mix up my own filling with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Forgot to take a pic of the slicing and stuffing stage.

After I laid the rolled loin on the que mat I figured, "Why mess with butchers twine?" (Which I was out of anyway), so I just rolled the thing up in the que mat.

And voila, 3.5 hours smoke over apple wood to an IT of 145.

Took it out of the rolled que mat and it held its shape just fine.

No more butcher twine for me!

Simple plate of mashers, green beans and the loin.

Thanks for looking.
Looks Great, Sly !!
icon14.gif

Nice Job!

And that was Very Sly wrapping it in a Q-Mat !!!

I'll be doing that next time---Thanks!
icon14.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky