Stuffed burger recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jameson Whiskey Glaze Blue Cheese Burger with Guinness Cheese Sauce with Crispy Onions. Recipe is from Half Baked Harvest. I substitute Bullet Rye for the Jameson for changes. Any good whiskey will work for the glaze. I smoke the burger/cheese with a pecan wood to rare and then gril to medium. I don't bread the onions and just use griddle grilled onions. 🍻
John

Jameson Whiskey Blue Cheese Burger with Guinness Cheese Sauce (halfbakedharvest.com)

Reactions: whistlepig
Everything is better with bacon.
I like a little ranch dip (not dressing), too. Our ranch dip is 50/50 sour cream and cream cheese.

Wife tired of stuffed meat burgers so yo know the rest of the story.

Fresh rosemary chopped fine and goat cheese.

Here's a pic of one of my favorites: It's a pizza burger. link is below for more info.

1624110604914.png

These are always a hit...let everyone pick their own stuffing

Got this recipe off the Yoder website a few years ago. Quite tasty.

Beer-Can Bacon Mushroom Swiss Burger (copied)
Yield: 2 burgers

Ingredients:
  • ½ lb bacon​
  • 1 lb 80% ground beef​
  • 4 slices swiss cheese​
  • 4 oz sliced mushrooms​
  • 4 tbsp unsalted butter​
  • ¼ cup beer​
  • 1 tbsp House of Q House BBQ Rub (or your rub of choice)​
  • 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
  • 3 tbsp olive oil​
  • pinch of salt​
  • 2 ciabatta buns (or other hefty bun)​
  • Lettuce, shredded
  • Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup (?? or not)​
Preparation:
  • Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Reserve 2 slices of bacon, then dice and cook the rest in the skillet. Remove the diced bacon and set aside. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms, beer, and House of Q House BBQ Rub. Cook until liquid is gone and mushrooms are softened. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set aside. Add the onion, olive oil and pinch of salt to the skillet. Turn to med-low heat. Cook until onions are lightly browned. Stir often, and don’t try to do this too quickly or over high heat or the onions will scorch.​
  • Preheat your Yoder Smoker YS640 to 275ºF. While the onions cook, form 2-½ lb balls with the ground beef. Press a beer can into the center of the ball and form a sort of bowl around the bottom of the can. Remove the can from the meat. Season the beef with House of Q House BBQ Rub. Wrap sides of the burger bowl with the reserved slices of bacon.​
  • Add the fillings to the inside of the “bowl,” including ½ of the swiss cheese (torn into pieces). When the burger is filled to the top with the bacon, swiss, mushrooms and onions, top each burger with 1 whole slice of swiss.​
  • Smoke the burger until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF, roughly 1 hour. While the burger smokes you can toast your ciabatta buns. Serve the burger dressed with the lettuce and Big Rick’s Chipotle Ketchup.

Here's a pic of one of my favorites: It's a pizza burger. link is below for more info.

View attachment 500537

I have done those too and they are amazing!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky