Stuffed Baked Apples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 13, 2006
Chillicothe MO
Even though I serve this as a dessert I'm going to put it here in the fruit section, since it can also be a side item or appitizer I suppose.

Anyway I was watching Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals and saw this and thought wouldn't that be a perfect campfire food (it was) and the other day decided to try it in the smoker, low and behold it was great there too.

4 large baking apples such as McIntosh, cored
1 Tbls. lemon juice
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. old fashiond oats
1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbls. butter
2 oz. crasins or rasins
1/4 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1 pt. carmle or vanilla ice cream
whipped cream

Core apples leaving the bottom intact with a melon baller. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice to keep from browning. Mix next 7 ingredients together to form a crumb mixture and stuff into the cored out apples. Overstuff and the mixture will melt down during cooking. Place in a small baking dish and place in a 350* smoker/fire/oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until apples are just tender. Serve with ice cream and whipped topping.

Enjoy!

I can certinaly testify that these apples are wonderful. Delicious, mouthwatering, I can not say say enough about these apples!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky