Storm coming in!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beaverhunter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Mission,BC Canada
Last night I stuffed 10 pounds of summer sausage which was a mix of deer and pork as well as 10 pounds do polish sausage both have cure #1. My question is it is extremely windy and the power will more than likely go out this evening which is when I was planning to smoke how long can the sausage stay stuffs in the fridge. Thanks in advance. Kyle

A day or two is no issue. Doubt I would wait more than 3. The cure and salt buys a lot of time with bacteria but pork does not age well and can get an off flavor...JJ

A day or two is no issue. Doubt I would wait more than 3. The cure and salt buys a lot of time with bacteria but pork does not age well and can get an off flavor...JJ
JJ got it right.

Good luck on the storm, I lived in Houston,Tx. when Alisha hit never again.!!!!1!!!!!

Thanks for the replies they is 3 storms to hit here and yesterday after number 2 things had really calmed down so I took a chance and got the sausage done.:yahoo:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky