Storage Options - Smoking Wood - Ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do not live in a heavy termite area as the deep south is, but I do know that termites will not have a colony where there are ants. Termite guards are there just for killing the lone ants that find their colonies. Once one reports back with a termite food source they overwhelm the termite colony and kill and eat them. If a termite lands on your firewood and tries to start a colony and ants are around they will kill and eat them before they establish.

The only bad thing is ants populate the firewood, lay eggs, crawl all over your arms when trying to get wood. I don't notice the ants adding or making any taste difference to the smoke flavor though. ;)

We also have feed bags and I store bark in them for fire starting. Its woven plastic like tarps, but not sealed. They would work awesome for chunk storage. I get them when buying corn for deer at the feed store.

Would you look at that, I mean, would you look at that. (joke) Someone will post that video, I'm sure.

Amazon sells feed bags, about $1 each
41dKQ3yoTlL.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky