• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Storage of high tem cheese

tprice

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 18, 2010
I ordered a big pack of high temp cheddar cheese (i think 7 lbs) and a 1lb pack of pepper jack from B&P

I have made one batch of SS with the cheese, turned out GREAT, but not sure how to store it and for how long.

I have it in frig now in bottom drawer, should I keep it in freezer or is it ok in frig.

I may make another batch this coming weekend but then it will be late spring before I make any more due to work, Income Tax Business.

Would I be better off to vaccum seal the big pack in 1 lb, most of time I make 15lb batches of SS, since I will not use it all at one time. Well now that I think of it I guess that last part is a no-brainer, think i will do that this afternoon, go ahead and split it up by 1lb quantities

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I think you answered your own question. Vacuum sealed in the freezer should last a couple of years.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

It easy and in one word. Food Saver system. Now I would it one and if you don't have one use a ziplock baggie and then intop the freezer it goes till you need it again.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.